We have also spent some serious time our skill system. I revamped most of the VFX for the particles and should have a video of those shortly. Fireball is my new favorite spell! Anyway, will keep you posted on all my projects, so enjoy and let me know what your thoughts are on this castle entrance.
I think the warpaint adds a nice touch and really makes the model stand out. We will have several different variations that a person can choose from for their base gorgane!
In other news, we have added a music section to our primary website:
RuinValor - Music
The composer, Skyler, will be adding his tracks as he makes them. Tell us what you think and what you think we should add! I am still working on adding more and more details to our advertisement video. I know it is taking some time, but all great things have their price. I really want to put a strong foot forward with our first press release so I am dedicating a lot of effort towards its completion. Hope to have more for you shortly!
RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (and Linux assuming kickstarter stretchgoals are reached). The focus of our game is creation, town progression, customization, modability, and the choice by both players and server owners on how they wish to shape and experience their world.
RuinValor is a game with rich lore, cutting edge graphics, unique gameplay and a role playing experience that will leave you begging for more. We’ve made it our mission to empower our player base by giving the server owners, community managers and modders ample tools to create and modify the game, therefore ensuring endless hours of unique gameplay.
When designing RuinValor we wanted to avoid the industry’s traditional method of pushing content on the players through season passes and/or costly expansions. Our design model focuses on giving the modding community and server owners as much power as possible; which allows them to generate quality content with relative ease.
- Platform: PC and (Linux/MAC if stretch goal is reached)
- Character Customization: Modify almost every aspect of your character. You can decide everything from the way your character fights to the armor they wear, giving you the ability to put your own personality into them. With the planned modding tools in place, even more possibilities will appear in the near future.
- Unique Skill System: Choose from over 100 skills for your character. Pick from Offensive, Defensive, and Utility type skills to create a unique character that plays to your true gameplay style. No longer will you be limited by class or archetype!
- Unique Crafting: Craft items in a unique and interesting method uncommon in most games today. Explore a system that is easy to begin but grows in complexity as you get deeper into it. Find the best recipes for crafting and share them with friends or sell them on the market for profit.
- Land Ownership: Claim plots of land to create, expand and conquer regions of the world. Land ownership will be the driving force for the war element of the game. Expand your borders while building key buildings so that your land is progressed to the next level. Keep in mind that the higher you climb on the ladder of success the more the creatures of the world will attempt to knock you from your high and mighty throne!
- Server Technology: Since the beginning of development we have put a heavy emphasis on multiplayer content. We wanted to allow players the ability to play on a LAN, Small Servers, or even host high population servers hosted by a dedicated server. Gaming is meant to be shared and experienced on multiple levels and it is our desire to emphasize this.
- Modding API: We have put some serious time into the creation of a robust and powerful API for easy modification of the game’s systems. All of the tools we use to develop the game will be available to the public. We are fully aware of the how crucial the modding community can be for a game so we are putting forth every possible effort to ensure we are updating the API as well as supporting the modding community with any and all questions/requests.
It has been a while since this blog has been updated and we are very sorry about that. Some of you might have heard but I was deployed (I am in the US Navy) for a few months and while gone had less than desirable internet. Although not much has been done to this blog plenty has gone on in the background. As you can see with our intro image we have redone the Gorgane texture. I feel that this new direction is a whole new level of art/skill coming out and thus will result in a more rewarding game experience. So lets get down to what has been added.
- Updated Water Fog ( now matches depth )
- Created/Updated Skill System
- Create Events System
- Added custom fonts
- Created Mega Blocks (model based blocks that can be rotated)
- Created Combat Mode
- Created Admin Mode
- Created Build Mode
- Created Zoom in option ( ability to zoom in and out in third person )
- Added equipment items
- Added combat damage
- Added blood splatters
- Added death animations
- Added basic sound engine
- Updated “SkyControl” with new features such as dynamically changing backgrounds
On top of the Gorgane rework ( for the 50th time ) telanor has been adding in some smaller updates. One of the sexiest is the fog water:
I hope to have more pictures and a few videos for you guys shortly! If luck and time are willing we might even have a sneak peak at the teaser video for the kickstarter! Thanks for reading and hope all is well with you guys!
If only making money in real life was this simple!13 September 2014
Return to work!11 August 2014
RuinValor: Buildings31 May 2014
Return of the Dodo's: Video25 May 2014
Additions and changes11 May 2014
If only making money in real life was this simple!TheChubu - Sep 14 2014 04:08 PM
If only making money in real life was this simple!dsm1891 - Sep 14 2014 03:31 AM
If only making money in real life was this simple!slayemin - Sep 14 2014 01:13 AM
If only making money in real life was this simple!riuthamus - Sep 13 2014 10:47 AM
If only making money in real life was this simple!Bacterius - Sep 13 2014 05:37 AM