Portas Aurora: Battleline - First Play Test
Today's Progress Chart:
Today was a very happy day! I completed the goal of having all of the individual race card groups at or above 55% (21 cards). Additionally, the collection of cards completeness is now at 75%, after a 5% boost today. There are still 34 cards that need to be sorted into race groups, which I think will be a goal for this weekend. Being 99 cards from my target size is a good feeling.
Today was mostly focused on flushing out the individual race card groups, but I had the conclusion that while I thought I had set some rigid standards that cards were created around a few that did not conform have made me switch to ensuring that the terms and mechanics behind each card is functioning as intended. I am sure this weekend will see the removal of a few mechanics and the addition of a few as a play test has shed some light on cards that feature similar text, but there is not a mechanic for the text.
The Mechanic Search Tool has been placed on hold as I am standardizing terms for the second time. Another tool, or an expansion to a tool I have already been using is the individual Race Resource Curve display. Having this will sharpen my attention to areas that need attention, which will be increasingly required as the number of cards to reach 390 shrinks.
If you have missed any of the series installments check the links between:
Announcing Portas Aurora: Battleline
Portas Aurora: Battleline - Card Types Explained
Portas Aurora: Battleline - Mechanic Terms Explained
Portas Aurora: Battleline - Races Explained