Project B - New Project
game game project
Hello all. I've been working hard on putting the graphics-less game together and I'm going to continue to work on it, but work will go a little slower as I'm starting to work on a new game project. I've already developed a 3D multi-player game engine that was used for my last IGF entry shown here (Genesis SEED), but these days I've been doing some major improvements and updating the rendering system. The project was in limbo so I started doing other things. Now with this new project, I need to quickly get my improvements up and running. Basically, the old system was DX 9 only, but I've been building a new system that I hope will give me multi-platform capabilities in the future. Currently it supports DX 9 and DX 11. Here's a list of the things that I need to finish by August. While I the old project was in limbo, I also started building a new GUI system. I want to finish it and use it with this new game. I'll try to provide regular updates here, maybe even some videos that detail my progress.
Here's my task list:
I picked up the color-coded system back when I was working for the USDA. I use to do contract management and IT security while I was there. The project managers for the database systems would use a similar color-coded system. I like it because it easily lets me see what I need to do. And I hate seeing red. That motivates me to work faster. Right now, there is too much red.
I will update this blog weekly. I'd like to submit this game to IGF so I'll probably post some test framework code for the public to try out.