I have updated in a while, but that's because I've been coding like a mad man over the past few weeks. I had been working on adding PhysX and testing out collision detection, but the main work I've been doing has been adding basic multiplayer characteristics. It took me about 8 days, but now I've got basic peer to peer networking in using RakNet. It was a lot of work, but now multiple players can move around the level at the same time. I'm in Korea and my main partner is in America, but we were able to successfully connect and "play" together. Now I'm working on migrating the special effects system from my old engine and after that, I'll add the basic weapons system. My goal is to make this a fun playable game within the next few days, even if it requires a few all-nighters. The graphics are still a bit rough, but next week when we unveil everything, I hope it'll look a lot better. I'm still waiting on some artwork.
Here are some screen shots. I've done most of the multiplayer testing running two instances of the app on one computer. The first screen shot just shows a basic connection. The second shows two instances running on the same computer, but the game is also connected to a third computer in America over the Internet.