Today I made progress without really feeling like I made progress. Among other things, today I implemented:
- barrel rolls
- engines (propellers, rocket booster)
- a Gatling gun, which pivots to follow the player's targetting reticule
- paratrooper deployment
- goal locations + indicators
- ships and other entities having health, which dwindles when hit by gun bullets
- collision detection between water and other things and other things and bullets
- water splashes and explosions
I also had a fun idea for a "bonus level", but I doubt I'll get around to implementing it before the end of the contest.
Tomorrow I'll start with some sound foley to ease my mind on the subject. Thereafter I'll probably continue on to adding terrain features and maybe get started on the AI if I'm not feeling "artsy" enough to start on the player's aircraft.