Sorry for the absence this last week. It's been a very busy week on BBTV.
Starting with the bad news: the game won't be released next friday (Oct 11th) as previously planned. But on the bright side, I still plan to complete the game by that date, but I will need at least a week to improve the balance and work on the final tweaks.
The art is coming up great, the artist is really good, besides drawing well he understands the "idea" behind the needed drawing and suggests some changes and improvements to the flow, no being limited by my lack of creativity as it usually happens: the artists I worked before usually get your idea and draw it better, so they are usually limited by my creativity. Fortunately this is not the case.
I'm having to adapt a few things due to this, but it's worth it, it's much better than the version I was using as a test. I will post some screenshots tomorrow. With the 4.3 Android update I lost the root of my device so I wont be able to record a video until I re-root it, so the video will take a few more days.
So, for the checkpoint:
2) Balancing of the game (adjusting the price and scores of movie tapes, adjust the ad tapes parameters, a little tweak on news tapes, and a big overhaul on the audience formula, and some tweak on the antennas)
20% done: did a little work on this but Im not happy with the result, I will probably have to spend a few more days on this.
5) Create help panels for each of the rooms (0% done)
6) Adapt the game to the art being made by the artist (most screens won't change, but some will, for example the main menu will change a lot)
30% done: Adapted the main menu and the gameplay HUD buttons. Still need to adapt the panels (room and HUD panels).7) Separate the game graphics into HD and non-HD, to make the game playable in low spec devices (most low spec devices I try fail to open the game)
60% done: Adapted all the pixelart images and the images that aren't being remade by the artist. Managed to make the game run on an old device I have to test, which was my goal, so Im satisfied already.
10) Update/rework the Save and Load mechanism
30-40% done: doing this for the last 6h or so, it's a large effort, I plan to finish by tomorrow afternoon11) Play testing (closed beta, or external balancing) (0% done)
12) Marketing stuff (setup entry on Google Play, create screenshots, create video) (0% done)
Well, hopefully next week I have it all wrapped up and start the final tests.
Will keep this updated! Best.