Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Featured GDNet+ Journal Entry
Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk has some ASM script for a VM he is working on as his home project away from work
Featured Member Journal Entry
Robot University -- a 2D DirectX Puzzle - hey, ho! What's this? puz managed to get his GD Showcase game updated with a new build. Did not think that was possible, honestly. Showcase needs a lot of TLC right now, but in the meantime you can download and try out the latest version of his game! (and make Showcase suggestions here)
New Journal Land scribes this week: jonbonazza and CoffeeCoder!
- I am a duck - Mike Bossy has been gone for a while but now he's back and he's also been busy in the time since his last engine/game update. Note to all Journal Land writers, best if you're coming back after a several months hiatus that you include links back to remind people what your project is about!
- After Hours - and Then Some - latent has some screenshots of his project - interesting, a spherical hex-tile map
- One man show - ne0_kamen has backgrounder on his project Robica and some video of the game in action
- Journal of mikeman - tiny update but the screenshot is kinda cool. I don't think the gun is big enough. You're gonna get stomped
- Development of Vegetables at War - SuperMaximo93 has a shot of the games hit boxes and also shares some code as he discusses the game's object collisions
Game Dev Stuffs
- IfThen Software LLC - InvisibleMan has a couple more game dev posts such as "Execution Scheduling and Memory Disambiguation", "OOO Execution with In-Order Completion?" and "Reorder Buffer, Public Project Tracking" - it's a lot of notes and stream of consciousness but also can be interesting if you're also working on similar topics being discussed. I'd say RSS his entries but he doesn't seem to have it enabled (in your Journal settings)
- Designing: The Game and Its Content - design forum moderator sunandshadow has collected some links from here on the forums on writing workshops she's given in the past
- Jemgine - Deyja is writing out some nice details on the scripting language he's constructing to build his latest MUD project off of. He started with the basics and has already moved on to variables and control structures.
- Wavesonics Pseudo-Random Journal Generator - more updates on the sensor-rigged alarm clock that won't shut off completely until you're out of bed. Thanks for keeping the Other Stuffs section alive Wavesonics ;)