Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Featured Journal Entry
Just Let It Trickle - adeyblue shows you how to use VS Express to create native desktop style apps by working around the Metro restrictions and also talks about downsides and effects of switching the IDE up this way
Welcome to new Journal Land author KanonBaum!
- Beals Software - Programmer16 introduces you to the plot and characters behind the Leon Copperman's Treasure House demo he's working on with his SAGE engine, also showing off several XML editors earlier this week to help him manage his scripting files better
- Archer Alec Devlog - HabitueGames has a video demonstrating his solution for the Archer Alec gameplay tutorial given that he could use a vocal track and didn't want to use text either.
- WorldAlpha.com DevBlog - worldalpha is looking for beta testers for their sniper minigame and also updates on the politics gameplay, team status and the main game's progress towards beta build
- SpaceBeam development - peous briefly updates with some images of larger block graphics to allow for more-defined space ships as well as an example of a procedurally-created ship design
- Once a Bird - Demosthenes has a new gameplay video and the intro movie for Graveyard Shift, which he's working hard to get polished for the DreamBuildPlay deadline June 12th. Good luck!
- r1ckparker's Journal - r1ckparker has a video and some screenshots showing off the new normal mapping he's added to the walls of Deepfall Dungeonas well as talking about making the world a bit less static
- CoffeeCoder's Journal - CoffeeCoder has decided to go with Java through LWJGL for coding A*Little*Epicbut also runs through the other languages he considered and why he passed on them
- Lotus - A XNA Action RPG - Arthur Souza has a gameplay video and discusses working around some pathfinding issues for Lotus
- MidnightTangent's Journal - MidnightTangent has opened the polls and is looking for people to vote to help him and the team decide what mini games they will be developing out of the batch of ideas they've come up with. Also details on upcoming updates for UPSAT
- Journal of mikeman - mikeman has a new demo available for his 3D racer WindChasers
Game Dev Stuffs
- New Old Things - Endurion tackles a few bugs in the latest step along the way to creating a Commodore64 game
- Melting Cube - cgpIce does a comparison based on his knowledge between C++ and Java as he tries to decide which language would be best suited for his purposes in game development
- There is no escape from the Washu - Washu got bored and decided to play around with some ASM
- Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord has been progressing slowly on AdventureFar and takes a moment to plug a cool freeware indie game called Treasure Adventure Game which he describes as "this Open World + Side scrolling + Zelda-esqe feeling game." He also recommends checking out an interesting web comic.
Thanks for stopping by Black-Rook, toddbluhm, Zethariel, zBuLe