Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Greetings to new Journal Land authors Toni Petrina and mdwh!
- Gnoblins - Development journal of an indie game - Ashaman73 has released the first tutorial video for the alpha version aimed to make it easier for new players to pick up Gnoblins
- Vaerydian Journal - Net Gnome identifies several bugs he's taken care of in the latest build and shows how adding binary heaps to his A* algorithm has increased performance
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk stops in with a quick update and screencap of the latest build for Opus, his 3D modeler being written in Qt
- Zach's Development Journal - ZBethel's been working on getting Bullet physics implemented so he can get some tank physics rolling and has a demo video to show the treaded movement in action
- Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord has been away from his project for a few weeks so he eases back into development with a bunch of new pixel art assets
- Archer Alec Devlog - HabitueGames has a few notes on the experience & level system as well as the planned GUI for Archer Alec
- OddGames development journal - O-san describes the process necessary to save a game in Medieval Story
Game Dev Stuffs
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ reflects on his work with the Guild Wars 2 team. Although he can't go into details on what he developed as part of that team he talks about the responsibility he and his coworkers have within the company and the game world
- Beals Software - Programmer16 questions having items in a point and click adventure game that provide no direct benefit to the gameplay but do give the player fun or humorous distractions
- Walking Towards The Sun - freeworld discusses why new game developers shouldn't be worrying about how to make an entire game and instead start working on little bits and peices of it to slowly build a complete project - protoype, prototype, prototype
Thanks for stopping by, Corman.