Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 11/2 - 11/9
Welcome new Journal Land authors NikolasBlack, Alex.SilR, dtg108 and superman3275!
- Archer Alec Devlog - HabitueGames's latest update on Archer Alec covers a new biome and monster. He also highlights his musician and reminds about Archer Alec's IndieDB page
- Black-Rook's Journal - Black-Rook updates on his latest completed task for his classic RPG project and shows off the resulting HUD
- Lotus - Indie Rpg Engine - Arthur Souza has a minor update to the project he uploaded that contains a small prototype to test out his game engine. You can download it to check it out and give him some feedback
- Beals Software - Programmer16 has the latest version of The Mysterious Life Of Aaron James up for download
- /* Why you crying? */ - JTippetts decided to whip up a Breakout clone for fun using Lua and Love2D so if you're into similar language/library you can download the source code to check it out
- kseh's blog - kseh is starting a new project, and explains the idea behind the RPG as well as providing a video of work so far
- r1ckparker's Journal - r1ckparker teases that his game is near release and shows off some concept and unused artwork
- Wilhelm's Journal - Wilhelm van Huyssteen has a new video up for his MMORPG Strife, new additons to the game and a new additon to his family as well. Congrats!
- WorldAlpha.com DevBlog - worldalpha talks about their IndieGoGo campaign, reminds everyone about the latest alpha testing round taking place this weekend and informs about closed beta keys
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ makes a return to working on his Epoch language
- Corporation-States - polyfrag found a programmer and artist to work with him on Corporation States, and has switched back to an older and simpler design for the game
Game Dev Stuffs
- Not dead... - phantom says: "In all my years of programming, both professionally and as a hobby, there is one truth I've learnt over the years which stands above all overs: Most people can't design software for shit." Discuss?
- Bluefirehawk's: "Project Phoenix" - Bluefirehawk covers things to consider when home brewing your own game engine
- Hannah Wood's Producer Journal - hwood3 takes a good look at gender disparity issues in production roles in the games industry, covering some common producer qualities from both a male and female standpoint