Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new Journal Land author bladderbloat!
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ has pushed out Release 13 of his Epoch coding language. Be sure to check back earlier in the week for entries with more details on what he's added in this release
- AmzBee's Journal - AmzBee announces that their project Genix, "an action packed twin-stick shooter game", will be releasing next week for PC and Xbox360. Congrats!
- Merry Prankster Games - gdunbar shares an early look at the rendering he's gotten to for porting 10FF over to the iOS platform, testing on the iPad.
- Beals Software - Programmer16 has a video detailing some of the recent progress on Grue and also decides to move ahead with the first chapter of The Mysterious Life of Aaron James
- Bluefirehawk's: "Project Phoenix" - Bluefirehawk talks about the mineral that will serve as the game's plot device, and how it affects the player and the game's enemies, who he has tentatively dubbed The Horrors
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus shares a twitch.tv broadcast he recorded of one of RuinValor's network code tests
- Lotus - Indie Rpg Engine - Arthur Souza shares some concept character sketches and background notes on Dio the bard
- Corporation-States - polyfrag has a new short video showing off some of the latest additions to Corporation-States
- Chronicles of the Hieroglyph - Jason Z has been prepping the Hieroglyph 3 engine for VS2012 as well as several platforms. He's also begun to add in volume rendering and shares information and insight he's developed so far about the technique
- Wilhelm's Journal - Wilhelm van Huyssteen has a new video and screenshot showing off the progress of Strife's inventory system and general user interface
- Black-Rook's Journal - Black-Rook updates on progress with Task 8, including screenshots of basic menu layouts
- The life of a Unity Developer - dtg108 is looking for feedback on a gas pump model being designed for his zombie apocalypse simulator, which you can read more about in earlier entries from last week
- Mobile RPG - smo97 returns after several months of silence to let is know he's still kicking and includes a bunch of updates and screenshots on the progress of his mobile RPG game in Marmalade
- Alex.SilR's Journal - Alex.SilR has a video of the gun model he's been working on the past week animating and shooting out ammunition
Game Dev Stuffs
- New Old Things - Endurion's latest entry on his way towards making a Commodore64 game goes over adding a new and slightly more complicated boss
- Amateuriffic - Khaiy pauses and considers lessons he's learned so far working as an amateur game developer, insight which he shares in this entry
- Leadwerks Dev Blog - Josh Klint tells you how you can sign up to be part of the closed beta for the up and coming Leadwerks 3 mobile gaming engine
- Gnoblins - Development journal of an indie game - Ashaman73 puts forth some conjecture about the future of the games industry, discussing things like F2P, next gen consoles, the direction of major game studios like Blizzard and Valve, and more
- Not dead... - phantom's latest short rant targets online tutorial lessons leaving up and coming programmers dependent on step-by-step instructions on how to do anything and unable or unwilling to take the time and effort to figure things out on their own