Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new Journal Land authors gia.unknown, Drayan and Aaru!
- Bluefirehawk's: "Project Phoenix" - Bluefirehawk finds some music to match to various aspects of the gameplay for Project Phoenix as a means to help project the kind of atmosphere he envisions the game having
- Lotus - Indie Rpg Engine - Arthur Souza has a bit more concept sketching for the Bard character for Lotus, as well as pondering a sub-title to help distinguish the generic main title
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus and his team have had a break in their case of trying to figure who hacked into their source code repository and how. Spoiler: Russians
- uwi2k2 - Part Time Game Dev - uwi2k2 is pleased to announce that Elefant Gay League is finally available in the App Store. Congrats!
- Corporation-States - polyfrag updates with some new screenshots, a new video and a link to the current game build
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ explains why several issues in the latest release of his Epoch coding language exist when they shouldn't have found their way into said release
- et1337 makes games - et1337 goes over his use of MonoGame to work towards Mac and Linux support for Lemma
- Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord captions several images of new pixel tile artwork for Of Stranger Flames
- r1ckparker's Journal - r1ckparker announces the release of Deepfall Dungeon, for sale on IndieCity with a demo available. Congrats!
Game Dev Stuffs
- Gnoblins - Development journal of an indie game - Ashaman73 ponders procedural generation and how he's found it to be helpful in some ways but not so helpful (or not as helpful as he'd hoped) in other ways, and how he sees it fitting in (or not so much) to modern games. There's already a nice discussion going on, so drop your thoughts as well...
- Retro Grade - superman3275 is working his way through "Learn C++ In An Hour A Day" on his Kindle - poke him for a review if you're in the looking for a new C++ book and wondering how it is