Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new Journal Land authors afliii and Hertzy!
- Archer Alec Devlog - HabitueGames has a new video showing off some new elements to Archer Alec and also teases a demo coming soon
- Wilhelm's Journal - Wilhelm van Huyssteen has a new video and images that showcases Legends of Strife's new spell system in action with 4 spells he's created so far
- The life of a Unity Developer - dtg108 announces and provides initial details that their MMO project Not Dead Enough will also have a single-player aspect
- et1337 makes games - et1337 assures us that work on Lemma is continuing to progress and shares the highlights of what's been happening the last month as well as some new gameplay footage
- CodeImp Game Developments - klapstoelpiloot has the promised game footage of Rampage M for you all to check out and is looking for a "skilled 3D environment artist" as well
- miicchhii's Journal - miicchhii has released the first version of his Ping-Pong game written in Java using AWT called jPong - he's got basic functionality and plans to add more features in future releases
- Journal of Mak - Mak is encouraged by the support from his Kickstarter backers despite the fact that the project will most likely fail to meet its funding goal
- Severin's Journal - Severin has released a new build of Ruins with two new single-player maps for you to puzzle over, as well as detailing future plans
- r1ckparker's Journal - r1ckparker shares a few images and some details of the prototypes he's been working on to try and find his next project since the release of Deepfall Dungeon.
- kseh's blog - kseh has an update on the progress of his RPG project along with an image of the current gameplay
Game Dev Stuffs
- Mark the Artist Fights the Future - Prinz Eugn expands upon his last entry showcasing damaged aircraft pixel sprites and proceeds to give a detailed break down of how he created the damage textures. I just noticed this was posted on the 7th. The hell? Why did I not see this and feature it last week?
- Ramblings of a partialy sane programmer - blewisjr shares the code and method behind a "very basic .tga image loader based off of nothing but the [C] Specification". He also explains why he enjoys using C versus C++
- Crawling with ideas - ManTis has completed his 7 games from 7 genres in 7 days projects and has posted up to Day/Game 6 - but he and I are still working out login issues so he can post Day/Game 7. In the meantime check out the rest of the projects he did to work up to the next Ludum Dare compo this month
- Radical Tales - Radikalizm shares his experience in implementing various means of importing and exporting game data - be it saves, resources, whatever - focusing mainly on "human readable representation of in-game data"
- Designing: The Game and Its Content - sunandshadow has begun a series of entries detailing the design issues and considerations for pet games. While pet games is the focus, she covers many general design principles as well. She's already up to Part 2
- Blue stain - alfith gives more information on how he used Blender to create the papercraft model for his son last week
- Not dead... - phantom makes an argument for Valve being a bunch of hypocrits regarding app stores and closed systems. Comments debate is already underway...
- Retro Grade - superman3275 reviews the book "HTML Made Easy" by Paul Browning