Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new Journal Land authors Gamieon, Chris Tate @ BinaryModular and DAEddie!
- Project NN - RetroIP updates on his entity simulation project, explaining just how detailed the weather pattern system will be
- RPG4 - havsmonstret writes down some general tasks he's looking to accomplish in order to complete his strategic dungeon crawler with similarities to rougelikes.
- Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord has been busy coding away on AdventureFar but has been working on new art between compiles and shares some new images
- Epic Zombie's Journal - Epic Zombie details the new features in Dope Runner as it hits its third and penultimate milestone before being polished for release
- Fran Bow, a point & click adventure - bladderbloat shares a storyboard, gameplay shot and artwork from Fran Bow's second chapter under development
- Bluefirehawk's: "Project Phoenix" - Bluefirehawk goes into more detail behind what made him toss the majority of his game's design out the window and start anew, by breaking down how he failed from the start to build up a proper core for his design and discussing how you could avoid these issues from the start
- Gnoblins - Development journal of an indie game - Ashaman73 shows the improvements he's made to his environment/reflection maps and shares a related code snippet from his deferred render engine
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus has a new video up demonstrating the latest fireball spell effects in RuinValor, along with point lights
- Shawn Hargreaves' Blog - Shawn Hargreaves is looking for opinions and ideas on where to host the SimpleMath library he posted last week.
- achild's Journal - achild stresses that an Undo/Redo system is not something you want to wait to add to your tool at a later time and covers three methods to creating this system he's tried for various projects
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus shares some "rather alarming details" he's learned in planning to create a Kickstarter campaign for his game. It's another wake-up call to anyone who thinks it's simple to put up a project and ask for a lot of money!
- New Old Things - Endurion's latest step in creating a Commodore64 game gives the main character a new special ability
- r1ckparker's Journal - r1ckparker shares some thoughts on games that won't be getting the sequel or franchise treatment, yet probably could have if not for flaws he feels held them back
- Other Stuffs
- OddGames development journal - O-san is trying hard to get his hands on a correct and working Wacom Cintiq 24HD Touch pen and display
- The Curiously Recurring Gimlet Pattern - jwezorek dusted off his raster-to-vector (via contour extraction) program he wrote a while ago in python and applies it to an image of Marble Madness levels, creating a whopper of an SVG file