Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Stop by and give a welcome to new author Plethora!
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus shows off one of the 15 images that will make up the parallax video that will help introduce people to the lore of RuinValor, shares the script and also updates on the AI progress
- Crawling with ideas - ManTis admits he failed at his One Game a Month goal but is determined to keep pushing forward and working on small projects. He shares some of the stuff he's got worked up so far
- OddGames development journal - O-san has a nice progress-composite image showing the various development stages of an NPC character portrait image
- Journal of Mak - Mak links to a podcast where he was interviewed on Dominium
- BGBTech: The Status Update - cr88192 has done yet more work on his engine's audio code, adding in a dynamic reverb feature that attempts to make the sound match the environment. He has a video demonstrating the effect
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag has some updates this past week on Corporation-States including short videos of the gameplay in action
- Merry Prankster Games - gdunbar shares a quick look at various town buildings for the still unannounced SENG game under development
- Leadwerks Developer Blog - Josh Klint explains how he got lightmapping to cooperate with curved surfaces built from constructive solid geometry, which will be making an appearance in the next Leadwerks 3 engine update
- Chronicles of the Hieroglyph - Jason Z reflects on his contributions to various game development books, most recently the latest addition to the GPU Pro collection, which is available now
- New Old Things - Endurion has finally finished his Commodore64 game creation series, which has been running since 2011! Get a lite version of the game for free but he also has a deluxe version for sale you can even get in physical cartridge form. Cool!
- Norman Barrows' Journal - Norman Barrows links to an article about a creative method by a game company to punish people for pirating their game
- Gamieon's Journal - Gamieon shares his experience with working with an external art studio for game assets and gives tips on how best to manage this relationship for great results.