Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Stop by and check out new Journal Land authors Dialock and Meatsack!
- Radical Tales - Radikalizm has finally gotten around to enabling his project's graphics engine to render simple decals, with some improvements to follow
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag announces he'll be making a direct port to Mac, also includes two new building shots
- Mikkel Staunsholm - staunsholm has a playable prototype, though he's not quite sure what it may turn into yet
- BGBTech: The Status Update - cr88192 has a video and information on the new biomes system implemented in his project to let the player experience different environments
- OddGames development journal - O-san explains why having some of his GUI elements composed of quads is causing him some trouble in scaling the interface
- Viadukt Dev-Journal - Prot gives us our first look at his RPG project coded with XNA called Purgatory, with a video and some character art and game overview
- Vaerydian - Net Gnome has gone and open-sourced Vaerydian under the LGPL v3, check it out on GitHub
- /* Why you crying? */ - JTippetts has gotten Urho3D and Goblinson Crusoe building again, but details the house work and baby work ahead of him that will understandably be cutting down on his dev work time
- IcedCrow's Dev Journal - IcedCrow has been busy in Unity getting his space ship flying around, and now it can collide with things and blow up
- Wilhelm's Journal - Wilhelm van Huyssteen has a new release for Legends of Strife that includes a log for tracking quests and tweaked cell shading
- Fran Bow, a point & click adventure - bladderbloat announces the Android demo for Fran Bow
- Squared'D's Journal - Squared'D shares a brief video of successfully animating a character model
- Orange Chair Software Development - Navyman is working on a writeup of the economics sim for Portas Aurora and is also looking for help with the EVE Online API
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ details the end of his garbage collection woes for his programming language Epoch
- Journal of EDI - EDI fills us in on what to expect for the planned Monday release of Revel v0.10
- Beals Software - Programmer16 updates on the past week which saw a new team member come onboard and several changes to the game's direction and features
- Mikkel Staunsholm - staunsholm poses the following game design situation: "How about a game where you can only use one sense at a time?" Discuss!
- Le Journal de Yahiko - yahiko00 has posted his final part of 4 that translates the article "Characters and Worldbuilding: Analyzing the Strength of Japanese Games" into French
- Leadwerks Developer Blog - Josh Klint talks about the procedural terrain generation tools added to the latest release of the Leadwerks engine
- Aurioch's Time Machine - Aurioch is probably wishing he really did have a time machine as he struggles through and explains why his lack of code planning has come back to bite him
- Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord shares a code snippet that "wraps void* points with asserts() to ensure you are getting the same type that you originally set"
- Squared'D's Journal - Squared'D explains why he's considering using UTF-8 for all his strings, and how to convert back and forth as well