Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Stop by and check out new Journal Land authors Stormynature and Mitchell314!
- Miscellaneous Programming Notebook - Bacterius details the range of platforms and architectures that are now supported by his crypto library
- Arhim's Journal - Arhim has a video of his project's dialogue text in action, as characters talk to each other. Also a look at the dialogue script format
- Viadukt Dev-Journal - Prot has a video showing off a prototype that tests out the sniping ability in Purgatory
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag shows off some nice terrain generation for States and Corporations, decides to focus on an economics engine and has open-sourced his project as well
- Squared'D's Journal - Squared'D hasn't talked much about his project and discusses why - does giving too much information help others steal/clone your idea? He thinks it's better to talk openly, his partner disagrees
- Designing: The Game and Its Content - sunandshadow talks about her new game concept WildWright, an MMO that puts the player in the environment of an interactive novel
- Fran Bow, a point & click adventure - bladderbloat and team have been busy, with some new game footage and a new video blog - plus a short film!
- Beals Software - Programmer16 shares a video blog update, information on their Facebook contest, information on a new indie spotlight they are doing to showcase other games, new screenshots and game information
- Evolution - studentTeacher explains why he has dropped C++/SDL in favor of Java/LWJGL
- Radioactive-Software - dgreen02 is back with his usual awesome screenshots, showcasing his new project Killing Horizon and also announcing the re-launch of his website
- Le Journal de Yahiko - yahiko00 has begun to translate another article into French, this one by Tadhg Kelly entitled "Formalists and Zinesters: Why Formalism Is Not The Enemy"
- Richards Software Ramblings - ericrrichards22 has been learning out of Frank Luna’s "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Direct3D 11.0" book and creating similar lessons for others to follow
- /* Why you crying? */ - JTippetts has pushed his Accidental Noise Library (for fractal noise) onto Google Code
- Norman Barrows' Journal - Norman Barrows has collected several links to resources about caches, memory, and cache optimization