Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Stop by and check out new Journal Land author TokyoDan!
GameDev Competition Journals
- slicer4ever's Journal - slicer4ever hopefully was just too busy coding his competition project to post more!
- Vilem Otte's Journal - Vilem Otte also makes a start at journaling his compo progress. Hope to see some cool results this weekend
- Pixel → Tile → World - Servant of the Lord has a few days of journaling his compo entry
- The Wood under the Moon - Oberon_Command sports the most-recent compo journal but seems he's hit crunch too...
- Better Than Accounting - BensBucketGames has a first look at his Unity-based project where you are a flying saucer trying to abduct people like a carnival crane game
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag has a multi-day entry that covers a lot of work on Corporation-States, including new reference photos, screenshots of the landscape and buildings, a timelapse video of him creating a coal power plant model, and source/binary for a texture packing tool
- IcedCrow's Dev Journal - IcedCrow checks out a library called Vectrosity for line-drawing in his project
- Beals Software - Programmer16 has another weekly update that includes a new dev diary video, and reminders on the facebook contest and indie spotlight
- The Curiously Recurring Gimlet Pattern - jwezorek swings by a drops a new screenshot of Zzazzy
- Journal of EDI - EDI reminds that v0.12 of Revel Immortal went live this week and talks about what's being worked on for v0.13 as well as how containers that hold items are used in the game
- BGBTech: The Status Update - cr88192 talks about some optimization he's done to the engine lately, as well as some new ideas and also Oculus Rift support
- kseh's blog - kseh brings us up to date on progress for his RPG project, including a video
- Rendering Is Fun - Bacterius has made good progress on his lens diffraction rendering tech demo, which still needs work but is achieving good visual results with acceptable performance
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus has a general game update along with some nice new character renders/concept art. Later in the week he also has more on the Gorgane character
- Radioactive-Software - dgreen02 posts a first look at the Oculus Rift dev kit that he just received
- Le Journal de Yahiko - yahiko00 has up part 2/3 of his French translation for the article "Formalists and Zinesters: Why Formalism Is Not The Enemy"
- Richards Software Ramblings - ericrrichards22 talks about building an FPS camera, based on lessons from the book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Direct3D 11.0" by Frank Luna
- Every Semicolon - Matt Carr has a postmortem on his 7-day FPS competition project Probably Archery