Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
One of our members started multiple journals. Not sure how I feel about that. Actually, I thought we had non-staff users restricted to a single journal, but with recent member group additions/changes some permissions may have been loosened or improperly set. Anyone else feel that having multiple journals would help you out? My opinion is that if you have multiple distinct topics to discuss in your journal, you should use the Categories system to make it easy for people to follow the topic they want. Discuss in the comments.
Stop by and check out new Journal Land author mousetail!
- Evolution - studentTeacher has finished refactoring his code for Evolution and shows off what his new 3D Perlin noise terrain generation looks like
- Better Than Accounting - BensBucketGames has people beaming up to the UFO and is also looking for good free software to capture video
- BGBTech: The Status Update - cr88192 is thinking it might be easier for him to ditch 3D and go with 2D instead, focusing on a platformer to cater to his strengths with 2D
- Journal of EDI - EDI announces a break from development through Sept and Oct for Revel Immortal but not before they push out some new features and changes with v0.13
- Caveman - Norman Barrows has some images and the overview of his "fully immersive 3d Paleo-World simulator"
- Project Z - Norman Barrows collects his thoughts on the Z game library and engine in this journal
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag shows off some "ghetto modeling" as he can't afford something like Maya and can't quite yet grasp Blender so he's working with Milkshape. Still looks pretty good to me
- Squared'D's Journal - Squared'D recollects on how Project B has slowly started to come together since the very beginning of the year
- Merry Prankster Games - gdunbar is back to work on Unannounced SENG Game, and has a new screenshot to prove it
- Making a Terrain Generator - TheChubu has made available a GUI interface for his terrain generator for anyone to play around with, crafting their own landscapes
- Richards Software Ramblings - ericrrichards22's latest writeup on SlimDX and D3D 11 covers camera picking, based on material from the book Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Direct3D 11.0 by Frank Luna
- BGBTech: The Status Update - cr88192 has info on his new audio codec, BTAC 2A
- Chronicles of the Hieroglyph - Jason Z talks about the Going Native 2013 conference that happened this week and also discusses how the phasing out of the DirectX MVP specialty has reconnected him to C++
- Gamedev info - Norman Barrows collects various useful bits of game development resources and information in this journal
- Leadwerks Developer Blog - Josh Klint has details for a new update to Leadwerks 3.0's terrain system
- A different way - Norman Barrows collects "alternative thoughts on game development" in this journal