Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Stop by to say hello and welcome to new authors cedifra and RalemProductions!
- Undead Castle Dev Journal - afliii has put together a brief development update video for Undead Castle
- A Journal - polyfrag has been working hard to maintain momentum on his economical sim project, has some new screenshots
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk has ditched 3D and gone back to 2D, shares an image and details of his new platformer prototype
- A Keyboard and the Truth - EDI has a brief update on Revel Immortal and accepting Early Access players
- et1337 makes games - et1337 updates on the progress of Lemma on kickstarter and Greenlight, both seem to be doing well. He also discusses plans for the game moving forward
- Squared'D's Journal - Squared'D's latest entry on his project's AI covers the public interface for the AI system, he also links back to videos covering his other AI topics and additional resources
- From End to Beginning - coremarq has the final build uploaded for his 2D top-down rouguelike dungeon crawler and also shares a brief postmortem and future plans
- Caveman - Norman Barrows has started a series of postmortem posts on his Caveman project, part II is already up as well
- slayemin's Journal - slayemin does a mind dump on his research and development into HLSL and GPU rendering, focused on a primitive system with quad rendering
- DareDeveloper's Journal - DareDeveloper is struggling with how best to progress with his project, a common problem for inexperienced developers, and the discussion in the comments contains some good advice
- Archipelago - Aph3x wrote a little raytracer script for use with Unity. Nifty!
- BGBTech: The Status Update - BGB has been putting his experimental BTIC1C codec to use for recording his desktop and seeing how it performs on various hardware
- codenine75a's Journal - codenine75a asks, for Linux - why compile the source instead of using precompiled apps?
- Bidimensional Dreams - dejaime has a new library available called SDL_vault, which is an asset loading helper (textures and audio)
- Ramblings of a partialy sane programmer - blewisjr's drone project is going to satisfy anyone with the hardware electronics itch since BenRyves and others have fallen silent