Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Ok, here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 3/30 - 4/4.
- OMG NUB! - Tape_Worm is alive and well, still plugging away on Gorgon and has a few images of his font editor work in progress
- Shipyard Development - nerdboy64 has the deets on his website, but left some pretty pictures for us. They'll do
- DareDeveloper's Journal - DareDeveloper is using a mix of Tetris and 2048 to get the hang of JS and HTML5, and is starting to look into OOP JS
- Chronicles of the Hieroglyph - Jason Z explores WPF, XAML and Direct3D shared resources for Hieroglyph engine - the result is overlapping his GUI onto the render surface
- Caveman - Norman Barrows is continuing his postmortem series on the development of his project Caveman
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk has some images showing off his Charm 3D modeler/animator in action
- et1337 makes games - et1337's project Lemma got greenlit! Congrats!
- Project X Development Journal - RalemProductions has updates on their current project, a new name for the next one and are also looking for a props artist and a 2D artist for hire
- A Keyboard and the Truth - EDI has released the latest alpha for Revel Immortal, you can now also purchase an Early Access account
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ makes the argument of why every game engine should have a built-in webserver. Seem strange? He'll convince you otherwise
- codenine75a's Journal - codenine75a shares a link to the X11 Windowing system, an Open Source version of the X Window System that supports Linux, BSD, Solaris, Cygwin and MacOS X on Intel and other platforms.
- et1337 makes games - et1337 is here to tell you that no, making a character model - even for a first-person game, is not easy. In fact it's rather difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Apparently many people thought otherwise
- Starbase Citadel - starbasecitadel outlines his plans to create a high-speed network for better online gaming, starting with League of Legends, where he has become frustrated by lag and disconnects