Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Say hello to new journal authors charming and PixelNAUTS!
- et1337 makes games - et1337's Screenshot Saturday entry features a look at his new SSAO implementation as well as an updated player model
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus has a photo teasing what may be a new project. Either way it's pretty
- Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis - Mad Unicorn Games posts news on v1.05 release of Radical Heroes that will bring racing to the game - it kinda reminds me of F-Zero which is cool
- Merry Prankster Games - gdunbar keeps track of where Temple of the Abyssal Winds has gotten some press so far
- From End to Beginning - coremarq goes over why he wants to refactor his rougelike project, which is having trouble handling actions and events for what he has planned
- Gooey's Journal - Gooey has a brief but positive update on his 2D platformer flicky clone
- DareDeveloper's Journal - DareDeveloper now has his Raid Aces Java project up on Github
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk has been working on allowing his characters to walk up to an edge but not off it and got it working, with some insight into what he had to do and a video demo
- Truerror's Journey Through Insanity - Truerror has a new video demo of his tile-based XNA project along with what he's been up to the past month
- Gamieon's Journal - Gamieon has made Paper Cowboys alpha available for anyone who wants to check it out. So check it out.
- Tutorial Doctor's Journal - Tutorial Doctor has gathered together a few tutorial videos on game dev topics - it's unclear whether this is meant to be an ongoing compilation
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ goes and loses his shit (hilariously) over the removal of a Visual Studio "feature" he found quite convenient. Admit it though, we all have these little IDE quirks we hold dear to our hearts that we never want to see gone
- Bidimensional Dreams - dejaime is studying Japanese and has scripted up a program to help him learn, available to anyone else working on Hiragana