Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Anyways, here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 6/7 - 6/14
Say hello to new journal author TheChubu!
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag has another stream of consciousness entry, talking more about the construction UI, social aspects of the game, maybe some multiplayer, or perhaps switching projects again, or OMG GIANT BRAIN WITH EYES
- newtechnology's Journal - newtechnology has gotten some help from the forums in getting his model skinning working for his FPS project, and has some videos demonstrating this
- From End to Beginning - coremarq has some new images and a brief look at what he wants to get implemented in his Rougelike for the next build
- Giallanon's Journal - Giallanon continues his discussion on how he plans to handle resources in his engine, after having past experience with various methods that all fell short somehow
- Wilhelm's Journal - Wilhelm van Huyssteen has a cool new customization feature in his web-based MMO Legends of Strife that lets players display sigils on their character's armor
- Chronicles of the Hieroglyph - Jason Z's latest work on his Hieroglyph 3 engine involves getting it to work with the Oculus Rift. He gives an overview of the process involved with getting it all integrated
- Out Of The Ashes - Burnt_Fyr's still making slow progress, but does have a shot of his terrain editor's texture splatting. He's also looking for book recommendations/links on tool/app development
- Bidimensional Dreams - dejaime has a nice little intro to Lua if you're looking to get started with the language
- The Bag of Holding - ApochPiQ presents to you the Five Stages of Programming: a descriptive model for how one is likely to evolve through the course of a programming career.