Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new authors rbritt, GiTS and Sporniket!
- Magic Pixels - joew's latest look at Empyrios includes how the game's HUD should function when finished, along with a new screenshot
- My attempt at making a platformer - AFS goes over the event system he's added along with weapons to his game, takes a look at the subtle things that can have a large gameplay impact and lots of pretty new screenshots
- Path Tracing Adventures - Arjan B wraps up his path tracing project by adding the ability to render depth of field, discusses what he wants to work on next
- Caveman - Norman Barrows covers what's new in Beta 9 of Caveman, along with the link to download and check it out yourself
- Lactose!'s Journal - Lactose! is still looking to eventually have 3D models for his game characters but a new video with smoother 2D placeholder animations lets us better see what the project is heading towards
- Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis - Mad Unicorn Games has info and a video on the next update to drop for their game
- Avengers UTD Chronicles - AvengerDr doles out all the relevant info for his turn-based sci-fi tactical game that is rendered in an old-school neon vector graphics style reminiscent of Tron and Wargames
- The Seven Tides - kyuubi has another quick look at the current art direction for the project
- Crawling with ideas - ManTis is back with a new project, a logic game based around the principles of Q*Bert. He also updates on what's going on with older projects
- From End to Beginning - coremarq still has his rougelike on hold, is progressing on his new project and has a little fun with his particle system by turning it into an Araknoid clone for testing
- Orange Chair Software Development - Navyman reminds us that creating a game demo isn't as simple as just slicing out a portion of your gameplay.
- Undergroundies Projects - Undergroundies has made it into the Game Maker Showcase, congrats!
- newtechnology's Journal - newtechnology has put his FPS project on hold to try for a simpler game to cut his teeth on, which is an endless runner available for download
- Journal of Mak - Mak has some new images and video of his celestial body rendering work, which is indeed looking very nice
- Brass Watch Games Development - nerdboy64 has been busy with another project but has made a good deal of progress on Shipyard as well that he covers in this entry
- et1337 makes games - et1337 has continued with his weekly Screenshot Saturday entries, had good success at the event he attended to showcase Lemma
- BlueStar03 - zBuLe has released his project onto the Windows Phone Store, although it's rather interesting how his has planned to use it to try and help fund/motivate further development
- The Curiously Recurring Gimlet Pattern - jwezorek has gotten approval on the App Store for his iPad puzzle game Zzazzy
- Daath Galaxy Devlog - BlackLodgeGames has released the official Daath Galaxy trailer and also now has the project up on Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo
- Ramblings of a partialy sane programmer - blewisjr talks about deciding which platform(s) he should be targeting with his project. It's not so simple these days, like when it was just the desktop that ran games
- dustArtemis ECS Framework - TheChubu covers the ComponentManager class of the dustArtemis Java framework used to setup entities, components and systems
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk invites you to have a look at his "clean signals/slots system using varadic templates", tested in GCC 4.7.2. He's also considering making it into an article
- My Journal - Lysergide shares "an editor extension that will allow you to easily create ScriptableObject instances of any kind directly from the [Unity] editor"
- slayemin's Journal - slayemin goes over what he and his new studio have been busy with their second month in business