Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new authors cyberspace009, Gregory Cheyney and PsichiX!
- My attempt at making a platformer - AFS takes inspiration from his experience with technical drawing to try to come up with a consistent art style for his platformer
- LOST ORBIT Development - PixelNAUTS is wrapping up development of Lost Orbit and shows off the four unique menu backgrounds used in the game as you progress
- Avengers UTD Chronicles - AvengerDr is forced to roll his own GUI that utilizes C#, SharpDX and Direct2D, with element syntax derived from XAML
- RuinValor - Birth of Talos - riuthamus returns from a 3-hour tour and has some new environment screenshots to share
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk talks about "taking a 2D list of points and rendering it as a 3D blob" in order to begin prototyping his new soft-body physics project
- Orange Chair Software Development - Navyman has some more advice on creating your game demo and has gotten his to the point where he's comfortable with outside eyes checking it out
- GiTS' Journal - GiTS' second entry goes into more detail about the project defined in the first journal entry as a "top down shooter with rpg elements set in a sci-fi like city influenced by various media"
- A Keyboard and the Truth - EDI recognizes it's been a while since his last update and brings us up to speed on the latest developments for Revel Immortal
- BlueStar03 - zBuLe's next update to his project, available on the Windows Phone App Store, switches the view to an isometric perspective
- et1337 makes games - et1337's latest Screenshot Saturday post for Lemma shows off some moving platforms and "falling water" along with additional environmental enhancements
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag has some photos he took at SIGGRAPH for inspirational reference and also has some new project screenshots as a result
- Think Small - BSVino has released a network tool to help you view game data in real time while having someone playtest your game, as well as manipulate the data and affect the playtester's session