Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land
Welcome new author zebrakiller, NineheadGenasha and iamvegu!
- From End to Beginning - coremarq is back to roguelike development, not doing a full rewrite of his code but some heavy refactoring nonetheless. He also covers some planned gameplay changes
- Night Lone's Journal - Night Lone brings us up to speed on his OpenGL engine and has further plans to keep track of problems and solutions he encounters while programming so he can share them through his journal
- DMD 'Ware - polyfrag has a video showing off his new deformable terrain mesh tech
- Jordan Bonser's Indie Dev Journal - JordanBonser covers continuing progress on his engine, including level editor export, dealing with 3DS animation problems on export, and updating some of the engine libraries such as AssImp
- Sporniket's log - Game programming while having a busy life - Sporniket makes more progress on getting his Java-based Android memory game project set up
- Orange Chair Software Development - Navyman shares a video giving highlights of several game elements and concepts for his collectible card game project
- Journal of Aardvajk - Aardvajk has new image of his blob in the game environment and is working on a more straight-forward approach to the soft-body physics
- The Big Procedural Game Journal - rbritt gives us a more detailed look into what he has planned for his procedural game project
- Riuthamus's Freelance - riuthamus threw together some concept card art for Navyman's CCG
- Robot University -- a 2D DirectX Puzzle - puz started work this week on a hexadecagon maze. He's already made additional progress
- cyberspace009's Journal - cyberspace009 admits he's not the best at pixel art, so any pixel artists reading this should drop him a line. He goes on to talk about his game's tile system
- newtechnology's Journal - newtechnology has his infinite runner game up on the Google Play store. Congrats!
- Gamieon's Journal - Gamieon spends several hours playing around with the Unreal engine with some nice-looking results. He lists some things he wants to look at later, if there's something in particular you'd like him to check out in that list let him know
- Merry Prankster Games - gdunbar is off on a quest to play through all of the old text adventure games from Infocom. He's already made it through over a dozen
- Bidimensional Dreams - dejaime landed himself a game dev job - congrats!!