The Warehouse - Demo v0.1
After I built the installer I realized that I kind of forgot to add the ending sequence, so it just kind of ends at some point (the screen will fade black and the the inventory display will pop back up.) I'll upload a better version ASAP.
Again, this is a very rough copy; the art is just placeholder, the dialogue needs to be spruced up, and the scenes need some more filler. That being said, any and all suggestions, criticism, questions, etc. are welcome.
I've attached a walkthrough document, but please use it as a last resort. If things are too difficult/don't make sense, please say so! There are 6 scenes for you to play through:
Warehouse - Entrance
Warehouse - Inside
Warehouse - Rear Hallway
I'm going to keep a list of bugs/issues reported here.
- David walks through the bar [ Fixed in v0.2 ]
- The stall's mouth verb is "eat" [Found by Black-Rook; Fixed in v0.2 ]
- None of the bathroom trash can's script is filled out [ Fixed in v0.2 ]
- If you use the key on the warehouse door again it tries to repeat the script [Found by Black-Rook; Fixed in v0.2 ]
- Screen overlay (for fading in/out and time of day) covers up menus
Which would be preferred: an updated installer or a zip containing updated files? I guess I could do both.
I really would like to do a "launcher" style setup similar to MMOs, but I'm not sure how well received that would be. I personally think it would be way better than having to download patches and such. Open the game and viola, new files to download. And no, I wouldn't lock things out if it couldn't connect to the server; I'm not thinking DRM or anything.