Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Journal of Aardvajk

Back To The Platformer

Posted by Aardvajk, 23 July 2016 - - - - - - · 350 views

Back To The Platformer Struggling to get going this morning, so thought I would update my journal for a change. Did a bit more work on the spaceship game I posted about last, until I decided once again to dust off the platform game and continue with that. The spaceship game was a neat idea but a bit too ambitious and was growing out of control. 
So I'm hoping instead to us...

Orbit - my new game project

Posted by Aardvajk, 09 July 2016 - - - - - - · 378 views

Orbit - my new game project Hello all. I'm still alive and still working on hobby projects, just haven't posted here for a long, long time. 
I've just commenced work on a brand new hobby project. This is going to be a space-based game called Orbit for now until something better occurs to me. 
It is going to be an open-universe space traveller/trader/shooter. The unique se...

Personal Update

Posted by Aardvajk, 31 March 2016 - - - - - - · 744 views

Just a quick personal update to explain my total lack of posting here for a while. 
Had some kind of problem with my stomach and kidneys which led me to be admitted to hospital a couple of weeks ago. I was able to walk when I went in to the doctors, was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and was blood tested and weighed - 40 kilos or 6.2 stone (I...

Frustrum Culling (with video)

Posted by Aardvajk, 17 February 2016 - - - - - - · 785 views

Slipped and fell down three steps flat on my face onto concrete at work yesterday. Have smashed up two knees, one ankle and one wrist. Falling over at the age of 40 is a lot less funny than it was at 20. 
On a brighter note, I've implemented basic frustrum culling in my game, meaning larger levels are now possible while maintaining efficiency. ...

Textures and fighting with the editor

Posted by Aardvajk, 13 February 2016 - - - - - - · 765 views

Fairly quick update today. I've added support for basic diffuse texturing to both the level editor and the game. The editor is very much bodged to support, but the game is handling it properly. 
I've added Texture and TexScale properties to the StaticMesh entity type. You can see them ringed in the next screenshot: 
At the moment...

July 2016 »

24 25 2627282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Recent Entries

Recent Comments