Today I managed to get sprites running on both screens, but I still don't completely understand mechanisms that govern their existance in memories, and trying to move them between main and sub screen is a guess work. Nevertheless, I did it:
I managed to display 3D screen on one with a textured quad, and background + two sprites on the other screen. Really complicated shit. Sprites are unanimated so far, that'll be the task for tomorrow.
Since I am programming on DS for whole week now (well, theoretically only 6 days, as my 1st day on blog was without any coding, but who cares), I figured that I'll celebrate it by making simplest game possible. Obviously, that's pong.
It's the single player version where you only keep the ball from falling behind you and gain points for each bounce off the wall. I'm thinking about using this game as a template project for usetesting all elements of the game engine I'll whip up. Remember that so far I'm only studying the DS lib, no 'engine' per se has been constructed yet.
Also, from Evil Steve's journal I stole the idea of keeping my progress in neat list. Check bottom of my blog to see it.