Combat is finished! This version has quite a few changes:
- Attacks are now limited by an attack speed.
- Characters now have health, which decreases as they are attacked; when a character's health reaches zero, it dies.
- I've added combat messages so that you can tell what's going on a bit easier.
- I've made it so that certain characters (such as the knights) cannot be attacked; this will be useful for preventing mass killings of shopkeepers.
- As cool as it was, I've removed NPC's ability to use warp tiles, since it would just complicate map design at the moment.
- Characters will also respawn when they die, which should make things easier. NPCs have a respawn delay, but PCs don't.
- Attack damage is randomly calculated based on a damage range (minimum damage - maximum damage).
- Attacks now require stamina, and they will drain your stamina even if you don't hit anything.
- Stamina and health regenerate slowly over time.
We also have a Facebook page over at http://www.facebook.com/ifthensoftware
I have a Twitter account for development updates, which you can view here: http://twitter.com/ITS_Invisible
We also have an IndieDB page for Areum:
And finally, we have a devlog on TIGSource as well: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=31227.0