Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Fastcall's Development Blog

It’s happening

Posted by fastcall22, 26 April 2016 - - - - - - · 780 views

It’s happening Oh boy, it’s happening.

http://i.imgur.com/fy3Usda.png (665 KB) 
Learned how to cycles render. Basic water ‘n’ stuff-- still needs some work.


Posted by fastcall22, 25 April 2016 - - - - - - · 663 views

Doodle Just a doodle. 
http://i.imgur.com/DeyN9TZ.png (177.8KB)

Block Transfers, Buffers, and Audio

Posted by fastcall22, 15 April 2016 - - - - - - · 683 views

Waiting for Visual Studio to update, so I thought I’d write something. When working with streams such as file or audio processing, you usually run into the same problem: How to copy the most data without knowing how large the stream of data is. I solved a similar problem at work and in my audio synthesizer. In the case of the synthesizer, I wanted an...

Maximized IPBoard Chat

Posted by fastcall22, 21 February 2016 - - - - - - · 2,074 views

Hi there. It’s been a while. Spent some time today fixing up the stupid IPBoard chat. I somehow managed to monkey-patch IPBoard’s styles to maximize use of screen space:



The style can be found below and can b...

Quick Opaque Pointer Example

Posted by fastcall22, in Uncategorized, C++ 31 December 2015 - - - - - - · 1,547 views

Hi there.

Someone on the chat today was asking about the pimpl idiom, and I thought I'd write up a quick little example. The purpose of an opaque pointer is to move the the implementation specific dependencies (types, macros, includes, and et. al.) away from the header and into the actual source where its used. Including "Foobar.h" from "Unrelated.cpp"...

Learning Blender

Posted by fastcall22, in Graphics 29 November 2015 - - - - - - · 1,110 views

Learning Blender Hi there! Long time no see. Been busy, but learning Blender. I figured if I knew my way around various GNU programs (GNU screen, less, vim) and their keyboard shortcuts, how bad could Blender be? I've spent the past few days learning blender, and I am loving it! Though, compared to 3dsmax, the object modifier stack is a bit limiting. I originally set...

Pongout 0.83 WIP

Posted by fastcall22, in OpenGL, Lua, Moonscript, LÖVE, Pongout 26 September 2015 - - - - - - · 1,358 views
Well, it's about time I posted some progress pics of the game I've been working on the past month or so. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Pongout is a crossover of breakout and pong, written in moonscript. It originally started as a test to see how Box2D will behave in a breakout game, and then suddenly the rest of th...

Forcing Consistent Console Properties in Windows

Posted by fastcall22, in PowerShell, Terminal 22 August 2015 - - - - - - · 1,054 views
Windows, Terminal, cmd and 1 more...
This doesn't really belong as a gamedev.net article, so I'm posting this here.

If you spend most of your working day inside terminals like I do, then you might agree to having a consistent terminal experience. Font style, colors, and options such as "QuickEdit" and "Insert Mode" should be consistent throughout all terminal applications in W...

IPBoard Extensions v1.5

Posted by fastcall22, 13 August 2015 - - - - - - · 754 views

Added new emotes.
Fixed literal backslash escaping.
Changed users command to link users to their profiles.
And various other things since version 1.0 that I've forgotten.

// ==UserScript==// @name IPBoard Extensions// @namespace fastcall22.com// @include http://www.gamedev.net/chat/*// @version 1.5// @grant none// =...

FM Synth and Plotting with PowerShell

Posted by fastcall22, in Aduio, Synth, PowerShell, Terminal 02 August 2015 - - - - - - · 885 views
FM Synthesizer, PowerShell
Beep boop, making progress on my FM synthesizer. Had a nasty popping sound with my phase-feedback logic and needed some way to rapidly graph out the logic. Powershell to the rescue:

# plot-sample.ps1$samples = 1024;$width = 2048;$height = 512;[Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Drawing");$bmp = new-object Drawing.Bitmap $width, $heigh...

July 2016 »

2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors