After a bout with salmonella, I've regained my health and went back to work, debugging the normal mapping code I was working on previously and banging my head against a wall in frustration. It seemed like no matter what I did, I could not get per pixel lighting to work on all faces. After realizeing it was only the floor/ceiling i was having issues I tracked down the problem. Long story short, it was the old Garbage in = garbage out equation at work, and after realizing that I am quite happy with the results. I'm now at the point of integrating the various techniques I've worked on over the past few months into my current engine.