-- Updated and filled missing documentation for every header within the project. Only game specific headers.
-- Implemented base instances of all phases (upkeep, first setup, pre action, post action, second setup, and cleanup).
-- Identified several depricated implementations, from original design.
-- Finished basic implementation of TokenController to allow dragging and dropping, queing actions for active tokens.
-- Implemented graphical que for queued actions.
-- Allow zooming in of tokens to select abilities during pre action and setup phases.
-- Clean out depricated code that is no longer needed.
-- Update dependecy tree and indentify spaghetti code that can be rearranged.
-- Implement graphical que for current phase(s).
-- Fix bug that you can't move to a spot that another token is moving out of.
till next time .. ponder this...
- Implemented Phase system (my glorified state machine for turn based games), I've rewritten this boiler plate for the last 3-4 projects, I really should abstract it for future use after this project.
- Implemented UpkeepPhase
--- Draws a token
--- Resets resources
--- Processes auto abilities (resource generation only)
- Implemented SetupPhase
--- Allows playing tokens from hand, onto the game board
--- Properly purchases and validates tokens cost
--- no restrictions on where tokens can be placed yet
--- no restrictions on the amount of a type of token that can be played per turn yet.
- Token, hand (deck, library, graveyard), ability, resource, player and game board boiler plate completed.
Future goals and milestones
- Implement pre-action phase
--- Allow assignment movement and attack orders
--- allow playing ability only tokens, but restrict permanent tokens.
- Implement post-action phase
--- process all move and attack orders
--- cleanup dead tokens
- implement secondary setup phase
--- All I should have to do with this, is push another copy of setupPhase onto the stack.
- implement Cleanup phase
--- clean up dead tokens
--- regenerate tokens still alive.
With those four phases complete, I should be able to hit my major milestone of being able to play through a complete turn.
Now take a break from code speak... here's a small tune I've been messing around with for some time now. Yes I know I play guitar like a french dude drinks tea... If I could just keep my pinky down, I might actually be able to up my speed. It's just a habit I can't break though...
Here's my work in progress for the next section of my right sleeve... titled 'The Great Struggle', Gonna redue it so he's coming out of the flames, instead of what is supposed to be dust kicked up from him fighting with the vines to move forward. And the overseer, has to be repositioned to go on the part of my body I want to go on. And the colors, were just me messing around... none of my tats have color and probably never will.
Till next time... hey watch it with the thumb.
P.S. day three is coming soon, waiting for my next milestone before I move the story along.
Well that was two days ago, feeling somewhat intact, so thought I'd do some refactoring, and reassessing my projects. Reevaluated milestones, and tried to convince myself I'm on schedule. Another swarm of resumes, yet only one phone call returned... dead end. Yet it made me feel pretty good, someone thought I was worth calling back. Just got to brush up on my professional conversation skills.
My typing without looking at the keyboard is getting ever faster, yet I noticed, my brain is still substituting words incorrectly... don't know how many times I typed things like "could" instead of "good". Darn brain, what is your problem, or "have" instead of "hope", come on now, those doesn't even sound alike. Maybe some paint chips will teach you a lesson.
Nothing fancy, but messing around with the ol' ge-tar + my digitech processor (things been broken for years, finally fixed it) and some art stoof, so say bye to 30 seconds of your life.
Still contemplating a way to incorporate the abilities of tokens, without having to hard code them... but it seems the best I'll be able to do, is incorporate the abilities as functions, and use some sort of tagging to identify what abilities the token has, and call that function when it gets used. This means I'll have to rebuild the exe every time I want to add new abilities though. Ahh I'll find a way eventually.
After 5 hours of refactoring, got to say, this is now the cleanest project I've ever done.
Till next time... don't eat the pudding.
The game board is just like that of a checkers/chess board. Each 4x4 corner is owned by one of the players. The player can play the cards in they're hand to place tokens onto the game board, but can only place tokens in their area. once on the game board each token can move once a turn, moving into an occupied space will make each token fight. The beginning of each game, each player can pick were in their area they want to place a castle. The goal being to attack the other players castles until they get destroyed.
Like everything it still isn't finished, and is missing some fundamental mechanics for attacking and using the abilities on cards. So you basically just place tokens and move them around till you're out of resources.
Till next time ... uh.. I forget.
Postie13 Jan 2015 - 17:59
coremarq23 May 2014 - 09:38
Norman Barrows18 Feb 2014 - 15:32
mark ds15 Feb 2014 - 18:54
Shuuny19 Jan 2014 - 06:41
uselessChiP23 May 2013 - 03:07
Gaiiden21 May 2013 - 22:25
alfith01 Apr 2013 - 15:17
O-san29 Mar 2013 - 14:15
Nick Gravelyn28 Mar 2013 - 15:44
Programmer1627 Mar 2013 - 09:31
bitskull27 Mar 2013 - 04:34
EWClay27 Mar 2013 - 01:08
ExPixel26 Mar 2013 - 17:15
kseh26 Mar 2013 - 17:09
dmatter26 Mar 2013 - 16:06
FLeBlanc26 Mar 2013 - 15:56
lask126 Mar 2013 - 15:31
CC Ricers26 Mar 2013 - 14:40
Ectara26 Mar 2013 - 14:37
Milcho26 Mar 2013 - 11:18
Michael Tanczos26 Mar 2013 - 10:58
CableGuy26 Mar 2013 - 10:49
Gunthera26 Mar 2013 - 10:12
stannic26 Mar 2013 - 09:05