stdint for Visual C .NET

Started by
3 comments, last by Krylloan 20 years, 5 months ago
I installed VS.Net a few weeks ago, and in a reply from a previous post I heard about a standard header called "stdint.h". However, it doesn''t seem to be there (I searched my entire hard drives, and tried "stdint.hpp" also). Does VS .NET come with stdint by default? Or do I need to obtain it from an external source? Can anyone tell me where to find stdint for VC .NET? If you feel like being really helpful, and have this file, you could even email it to me (sph38@student.canterbury.ac.nz). That would be very very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Simon Hill.
Advertisement
stdint.h isn''t a standard C++ header file, it''s a standard C header file, therefore MSVC doesn''t ship with it, nor is there an official version of it. You probably can take stdint.h from MinGW and get it to work with MSVC without too much trouble.
There''s an integer library within Boost.
Thanks. Hmm, this (MinGW) "stdint.h" sux. It just assumes that the types are the size it expects them to be. 64-bit mode will screw it. (I suppose that''s why it''s MinGW32). Oh well, if it has to be done manually, so be it.
Ok, thanks sark, will just take a look now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement