DInput in DX9

Started by
9 comments, last by Replicon 18 years, 11 months ago
I was just wondering how one implements DirectInput with DirectX9 installed? Everywhere I read it says to use DirectInput 8, which is fine with me, but it requires a header file called dinput8.h, which the DX9 SDK does not have....so I either need that file, or to know what I'm doing wrong.
Advertisement
Just use dinput.h - that should work [smile]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Yea, having done that, it works right up until I try to set the data format for my device(keyboard). At that point, I get the following error:

Linking...
dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module
Error executing link.exe.

I have linked to dinpunt8.lib and dxguid.lib.

It seems to be caused due to this line of code:

lpDIkeyboard->SetDataFormat(&c_dfDIKeyboard)

Overall, I have no idea what this error is about.
dinput8.lib does not support VC6, what compiler are you using?
Err...the one that comes with Visual Studio 6? What one should I be using?
Yes the April SDK including DirectInput just is not compatible with Visual Studio 6 at that development environment is now depreciated.

You could either download Visual C++ Express Edition which would be recommended due to standards compliance and a better compiler.

OR

You can download the DirectX SDK Extras which will let you use it with Visual Studio 6.
What version of the DirectX SDK are you using? If you're using the October release, you need to download the extras package. As far as I know, any release later than October (2003?) won't work with VC 6.
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
What version of the DirectX SDK are you using? If you're using the October release, you need to download the extras package. As far as I know, any release later than October (2003?) won't work with VC 6.

October 2004.

Quote:Original post by Coder
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve

October 2004.
Ah, that sounds more reasonable. I thought October 2003 was a bit too long ago [smile]
The April update doesn't seem to have Extras. which update should I download?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement