GDnet Challenge #6: NPC complaints meeting

Started by
19 comments, last by Mushu 18 years, 7 months ago
In every game, the main character is always the focus of all the attention. They can get away with just about anything simply because, for some reason, the entire damn universe circles around them. Murdering? Looting? Oh, that’s fine, it’s the main character! Well this has to stop now. As of this moment, a meeting has been called for all NPC’s, mobs, bosses etc. of all games ever made. This is a voice for all that have been pushed around by the main character these games, with no sympathy ever shown towards them. A podium of soapboxes is ready for you to voice their opinions on the poor treatment that you receive as an NPC! Goal - The purpose of this challenge is to take on the role of an NPC for any game that has suffered at the hand of the almighty main character, and vent your frustrations.
Advertisement
My name is Old man #4, and I have suffered at the hand of the almighty main character on many occasions.

Just last week, my family was going through tough times. My wife was having health problems, and nothing short of a heart transfusion would save her. As I was ready to give up all hope, I got word that a donor heart would be available to her! I couldn’t believe my luck, this was truly a miracle. Unfortunately, the only place we could hold the heart was in my house until the surgeon arrived, which was no big deal. THEN, this little punk turns up brandishing a sword and shield, runs into my house, and just starts smashing my pots. Being the cold hearted bastard he is, he smashed the pot which was keeping the heart I needed inside, picked it up, and ran off with it! My wife died shortly after, but I managed to get a shot of the kid with the security camera I had setup.

This is the kind of injustice we have to put up with every day. I have spoken to many other NPC’s, and they all have reports of main characters running into their house, smashing their pots, and running of into town again without saying a word (of course, if they speak to use we are usually so terrified we just repeat the same things over and over again).

I support the vote to abolish main characters from all future games.
This is what happens when smartass scientists meddle with stuff they find around and don't understand.

I was a native from the planet Kharak.

One hundred years ago some bunch of people found stuff from an ancient civilization buried in the Great Banded Desert, including a huge wrecked spaceship and some carved stones.

They studied it and until the present day they've create their own spaceship, capable of traveling through hyperspace.

Right... well they made a test jump, taking all the weaponry with them, leaving us completely without military protection and, in a matter of hours, our planet was reduced to ashes by some alien race saying that we didn’t abide to a hundred-year old treaty...

So, yeah, the main characters just made the destruction of a whole civilization possible!

I support the vote to abolish main characters from all future games.
---Carlos Leituga

Me turtle.

Me ANGRY turtle!

Me minding own business, walking a bit to the right, then turning around and walking a bit to the left. AND SOME FAT ITALIAN PLUMBER JUMPS ON ME!

Why? Why me? My children? My whole family, killed by FAT ITALIAN PLUMBER!

What Italians got against turtles?

Me want vengeance!
Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
I am a townsperson. I go about my daily routine of gathering chickens, milking emus and wandering around aimlessly from place to place. All of a sudden, these adventurers come up to me, and they are all standing on top of each other!

Then they stared at me with their dead eyes while standing right next to me.. didn't say anything... and I got the idea that I had to talk to them. I didn't know what to say, so I just mumbled out the headlines and tried to walk away.

Again, the eyes. Those dead, dead eyes. I said it again.

And again.

I think these adventurers are deaf, or something. They keep staring at me. Just looking, and judging. They are staring at me right now with that big black thing floating over the north part of my house as I tell you this. Help me. Someone, save me. Please.

Those eyes..
My name is Dr. Slosh.

I am but a simple villager, living in the fifty-by-something map that is the world of DRPG*

My life is not complicated. Every day, I wake up, heft my cocktail glass, and gaze upon the poorly drawn grass sprites and 48x48 dirt that make up my world. I am incapable of moving, with the exception of turning around. Much like the other villagers, my whole existence is determined from a configuration file, and a poorly written one at that. Yes, life was good in the world of DRPG.

One day, a rather skinny adventurer showed up, armed with a sword, a shield, and extremely short shorts.

He came and spoke to me, and I offered him a full case of Red Bull to appease him. Alas, he was high on PCP, and came at me like a wild dog.

I was nearly defeated, but then the PCP wore off. His HP was destroyed, and he fell dead. Victory was mine!

I was the first random NPC in the game to ever defeat the high and mighty main character, "Unnamed"!

* DRPG - My RPG. It sucks, don't bother.
"ok, pac man is an old gameand, there are faces which is eatin up shits" - da madface
Lead Charactors Suck!

I was a block, I lived a simple life, sitting there 3 rows from the top. I just recently was painted a nice shade of red, and had my left pixels fixed, when this dang paddle throws a ball at me. Simple enough it would seem, i tried to dismiss it, and looked the other way. But noticing that i was unable to move my position, it continously took aim at me. I flashed it several times to impede its movements, but it wouldent stop. Now I have over 30pixels worth of damaage and was robbed of my precious extended length powerup!

Billy The Block
3rd Row, 2nd Column
Level Twelve, Game 5
[lol] @ posts so far. Good work guys. Those damn main characters will regret the day they ever messed with NPC's!
I was a normal npc in the POSTAL EURO version game...

Then a madman came to my workplace, a gas station, in the middle of my night shift.

He shot my legs, I was on the ground begging for him to spare my life...
Then he realized that he couldn't execute me!
But when I thought the nightmare was over and we was going to leave me alone, he went away, installed the uncensored patch for the euro version and came back to finish me off!

Why GOD? WHY!?
---Carlos Leituga
Ba-bomb,

Ba-bomb ba ba ba bomb. Ba boom ba bomb bomb bomb. Ba ba ba boom bomb
bomb boom ba ba bomb. bomb bomb BOOOM. bodadabomb.

Babomb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement