I might be beating a dead horse..... advice please

Started by
0 comments, last by scotths 18 years, 7 months ago
I would like to get into the game developing field, tried my hand at programming (perl, java, etc) but I find that I'm more suited to the creative and visual aspects. I'd like to get into 3d modeling. Currently I started enrolling in a multimedia and design class at college, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should do. Does anyone know if there are good places to learn 3d software used for games in California? I have Maya and 3ds max. Should I just learn them myself and make a portfolio? I understand games take forever to make and its best to start small and work up. I'd love to make a game of my own and be part of a team. I have some good ideas and a dream game I would love to develop, but I'm not sure if anyone would listen unless I had some skills. Scripting also sounds interesting as well. Can anyone give me any advice?
Fear is the mind killer...
Advertisement
Read this entire site, your questions will be answered multiple times at great length:

sloperama

As for schools in California, I know in the Bay Area, there are at least 15 schools you could go to for learning the skills you need.

Scott

Newfound Room -- Open your mind to open content.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement