how to sutdy Geomipmap?

Started by
6 comments, last by mrbastard 18 years, 7 months ago
can give me some demo? i have read the passage of Fast Terrain Rendering Using Geomipmap ,but i have some difficult with it, i need your help, thanks!
Advertisement
I can't think of any demo material for you (Maybe someone else can point you to some), but as far as understanding technical papers goes - you'll get a good response from people here if you can tell us what it is you don't understand [smile]

Given the general nature of geomipmapping, if you can condense the parts you don't understand into a few specific questions I (or others) can have a go at helping you to understand it for yourself.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

I do a sorta rip off of geomipmapping in my engine...I split the terrain up into patches, then each patch is generated with a different number of triangle fans, depending on the distance from the camera. A little hacky...but it gets the job done. Whats it you are having trouble with? Also, if you have trouble with algorithms out there, try working out some of your own?
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
thanks all,
i try to read the passage:Fast Terrain Rendering Using Geomipmap
but when i finished ,i find i do not know how to do in my program,
if the author could write a demo i think it will be better.
Is this one ?

I've found very interesting also their introduction (read the notes!)

This is the author main page
i want to konw the Geometry Clipmaps is the Geomipmap?
Demo you say?

clickity click click

He hasn't done stitching in all directions but it should give you a good start :P
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Quote:Original post by sssa
i want to konw the Geometry Clipmaps is the Geomipmap?

No, they are different algorithms. Vaguely similar though.

[size="1"]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement