Recent Posts Sugestion

Started by
5 comments, last by KulSeran 18 years, 3 months ago
I find myself constantly going through the process of control panel -> profile -> scrolldown 2 pages -> clicky some post I made to see the updates This seems like a lot of work for some information I visit a lot (bookmark material almost) And it often doesn't make sense for me to say "email me when i get a response" because then i have tones of emails clogging things up (like This mentions). So, I thing it would be nice to have some(optional?) way of having this information provided in a more convient way. Something like the recently active posts box on the main page, have an optional "my recent posts" box for the main page. Posibly complete with information like "x posts newer than this in the thread".
Advertisement
Would adding the threads to your bookmarked threads suit your needs by any chance? You can add new threads to the list using the "track this topic" link at the top of the thread.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Close, very close. Maybe have a option under user profiles to enable automatically making any topic you post in get added to your bookmarks.

I like the automatic tracking from the control panel, but I thought it should be more accessable.
And like i mentioned, it would be neat to see some indication of the number of posts in the topic that are newer than your post.

The current system works don't get me wrong about that. So I will probably try out the track-topic option for a while. But, like the "send an email" option on a post, it is one more option I have to manually remember to click, and I like being able to enable options to be automatic.
Quote:Original post by KulSeran
I like the automatic tracking from the control panel, but I thought it should be more accessable.

Like, in addition to the "x New Private Messages" feature, a "x New Replies to Bookmarked Threads" ? Something like this would indeed be pretty useful.
:stylin: "Make games, not war.""...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
Quote:Original post by stylin

Like, in addition to the "x New Private Messages" feature, a "x New Replies to Bookmarked Threads" ? Something like this would indeed be pretty useful.

i like it. right now i dont use bookmarks too much, i always forget about them.

good idea!
I find myself constantly going through the process of
control panel -> profile -> scrolldown 2 pages -> clicky some post I made to see the updates

Why not bookmark that page in your browser?
SiCrane, I'm lazy, but you're probably right.
It is a good option, just not one I'm not about to go use. I'd rather deal with navigating a webpage than have more than one bookmark for the same page.
I mean, I have the front page bookmarked, but never really look at the front page. It is often just a jump to the forums, so maybe the front page should
just be the forum...(or my bookmark).

Navigating through GD is easy, but the main thing is that I can get a bit of feedback on what others think/do to deal with getting back to threads
they post in. And, see if others thought they needed some new way to get back to their recent topics.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement