ULTIMATE WRESTLING CHALLENGE - Game Concept Seeks Team Members

Started by
4 comments, last by GMGuity 18 years, 1 month ago
Team name: Team UWC Project name: Ultimate Wrestling Challenge Brief description: Bringing together all the fun, playability and competitive spirit missing from video wrestling since the NES classic 20 years ago, in a new breed of video game. Join the United Wrestling Council and work your way up the ranks to become UWC World Heavyweight Champion, and then Grand Champion in the ULTIMATE WRESTLING CHALLENGE: The Best of the Best Tournament! Target aim: Demo - One on One match w/ a 5 - 10 minute time limit. Compensation: A resume-worthy final product; if accepted by a larger company, negotiable percentage of potential revenue. Technology: PS3, XBox 360 and Nintendo Revolution NextGen Consoles Talent needed: Programmers, Designers, 3D Modellers, Animators and Sound Producers. Students welcome. Team structure: So far, the team members are as follows: Gregory M. Guity (myself): concept writer Michael Duron (professional illustrator): Character designs Website: Contacts: GMGuity@aol.com Additional Info: (Email for full concept document) MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES: • Cartoon-like graphics and animation – re: Black & Bruised Boxing, by Digital Fiction • Career Mode (Solo/Tag Team mixed), Multiplayer Versus, Exhibition Challenge sections available. • Championships to be won, defended and recorded (saved in Memory Card) in Career Mode; Custom championships for Multiplayer Versus • Specialty Matches including Submissions Only, Lights Out, Steel Cage, Hardcore Deathmatch, Iron Man Challenge, Battle Royal, Handicap, Multiple & WBP; hidden sparsely throughout Career Mode; can be unlocked for use in Multiplayer Versus • Venues include “TV Taping,” “House Shows,” “Cable Specials” and “PPV Supercard” • Wide selection of colorful characters, and a “Custom Fighter” option unlocked upon winning Career Mode; including a variety of selections, including Fighting style, Appearance, Build, Attire and Theme Music • Fighting styles can include Technical, Brawler, Acrobat, Charismatic, Grappler, Martial Artist, Heavyweight, Super-Heavyweight, Shoot-Fighter and Unorthodox • Fully interactive gameplay between player(s) and game engine – feuds, “heels” and “faces,” “stables,” managers and valets, and “referee bumps” • Power-up items, devastating finishers, combination moves and action that jumps from real to surreal and back again • Multiple levels of increasing difficulty and variation; Career Mode culminates in Best of the Best tournament, featuring heretofore hidden fighters, locations and Specialty Matches. VENUES: • House Shows – Untelevised events held at sports arenas nationwide. Player starts here in non-title Challenge Matches; continued success earns exposure at TV Tapings • TV Tapings – These are the weekly televised events chiefly for special Challenge matches and UWC TV Championship Matches. • Cable Specials – Televised special cards where the UWC All-Nations Heavyweight Championship, World Tag Team Championship & World Heavyweight Championship may be competed for; also, Specialty Matches & Battle Royal matches can be fought here. • Pay Per View Supercards – The big shows with the big payoffs. All titles can be fought for on these shows, as well as Specialty Matches. MULTIPLAYER VERSUS FEATURES: • “Custom Championships” – up to five Custom Championships can be created and contended over. A title belt is assembled from scratch, and special rules can be placed on said title. (Ex: Lights-Out Champion – the title can be won or lost by knockout only.) • “Specialty Matches” – Unlocked after winning the Grand Championship. Among the selections include Submissions Only, Lights Out, Steel Cage, Hardcore Deathmatch, Iron Man Challenge, Battle Royal, Handicap, Multiple and WBP: Win By Points. • “Supercard” – Friends can get together and assemble entire cards with various Fighters, including Grudge Matches, Challenge Matches, Title Matches and Specialty Matches.
The best things in life aren't free. They're MESSY...just not free.
Advertisement
Here I'd like to provide a few graphics, courtesy of professional illustrator Michael Duron (www.locoduck.com) which are meant to be one of the key elements
that would set Ultimate Wrestling Challenge apart from other wrestling games - that is to say, the LOOK. Where other games keep going photo-realistic, UWC goes the cartoon/cariacatured approach:

Main Screen (Mock-Up)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Character Design: "Mr. Destiny" Alistair Troy, UWC World Heavyweight Champion
At the last UWC supercard "Endgame," longtime champion Augustus Troy IV defended his title for the last time against his fiercest rival and former ally, Ares.
If he retained the title, he would be granted one final request in honor of his retirement."The Trojan General" used every trick in the book to frustrate "The God of War,"
ultimately retaining his crown. It was then that he shocked the entire wrestling world by handing the World Heavyweight Title to his son Alistair!

Character Design: MANTIS, UWC TV Champion
The mysterious masked superstar MANTIS has been on fire since defeating Johnny Mojo for the Television Championship. Don't let anyone tell you he's only third rate though,
for he takes his title VERY seriously; as he's said on more than one occasion: "Make no mistake - when you turn on your TV, I'm the best you're gonna see!"

Character Design: "Live & Direct," UWC World Tag Team Champions
"Direct Hit" Javier Curtis and "Live" Omar Johnson - there isn't a more electrifying duo in the entire United Wrestling Council. And it was no small feat in winning those titles either, besting
super-heavyweights like Ares and Gabriel Black with their speed and devastating teamwork. Mr. Black can tell you from experience - their tandem finisher, "Rock the Mic" is not to be
underestimated!

Versus Screen (Mock-Up)
I was wondering, what programming language are you going to use?
Hey,
I am a big fan of wresting games also.

I would LOVE to help out on this project, by I'm afraid I just don't have enough expierence programming. Yeah, what language this going to be in?

Alos, nice concept art!

Chad.
Hello Taka, Chad...

Actually, I have to confess that I am chiefly a creative writer, and I have been learning about the necessities of game development as I go along, by corresponding with other developers as I've met them. So to be honest, I wouldn't know what language would be best to make this happen...yet.

Just a tiny little bump...don't mind me. :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement