Dream Build Play [Warn-Up Announced]

Started by
20 comments, last by ViLiO 17 years, 2 months ago
The XNA Game Development contest (DreamBuildPlay) site has finally gone live. DreamBuildPlay Not too much info on there that wasn't already known. Details and info on prizes etc. are going to be announced on the 5th February but registration is open [smile] Anyone considering entering? All the best, ViLiO [Edited by - ViLiO on February 13, 2007 7:10:22 PM]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Advertisement
I'm already working on a game using XNA anyway, so assuming it falls within the requirements and I actually finish within time constraints, I'll be entering. I don't need a contest to get me to use XNA in the first place [grin]

Looking forwards to Feb 5
I very much agree as XNA is so much fun even without the prospect of prizes, I just like having a deadline as it keeps me focused on the job at hand. The deadline I believe is July 2nd as a date was given upon completion of the registration form but we'll know for sure come next Monday. Monitoring other contestant's progress on their blogs is also going to be cool [wink]

Oh, and if anyone has a DreamBuildPlay related blog I'd love to read it.

For me, entering 4E5 was a big learning experience. I spent all my time investing in advanced tech and then ran out of time to work on gameplay and stability so I think in this competition I'll keep things simple and not get too carried away. Early days yet so who knows [smile]

Look forward to competing with you load_bitmap_file (if you do end up entering) [smile]

All the best,
ViLiO
Restricted to U.S residents. :(
Quote:Original post by ChaosGhost

That isn't the case. The competition is global, it is just the registration form isn't quite finished yet (there are even a few States missing from it).

The XNA Team is aware of it so expect that to be fixed soon enough. I am from the UK myself so I just put in made-up zip code and phone number for the time being ...hopefully I can change it later [lol]
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
Quote:Original post by ChaosGhost

That isn't the case. The competition is global, it is just the registration form isn't quite finished yet (there are even a few States missing from it).

The XNA Team is aware of it so expect that to be fixed soon enough. I am from the UK myself so I just put in made-up zip code and phone number for the time being ...hopefully I can change it later [lol]

Yessssss! This makes me happy.

Finally! I've been refreshing that web page all month [smile]

I'm entering and I'm planning to take you all out. Good luck to those of you entering anyway.
Quote:Original post by load_bitmap_file
I'm already working on a game using XNA anyway, so assuming it falls within the requirements and I actually finish within time constraints, I'll be entering. I don't need a contest to get me to use XNA in the first place [grin]

Looking forwards to Feb 5

Ditto, to everything. [grin]

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

It says to run this software I have to have Visual C# installed. It says I can download it free from microsoft, but I tried all this before with Visual Studio 2005 and it told me I can download the software, but I can't use it until I pay for a legal registration key.
Is it the same way with this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement