WWH4: Properly Reordering Face Vertex Indices (y/z swap)

Started by
-1 comments, last by RobTheBloke 15 years ago
Going out on a limb here, but i suspect it might be worth deleting this article...
Quote:Some 3D modellers (3DS for example) swap the Y and Z components of the vertex locations.
There are no 3D packages that do this. Every dcc package can toggle the camera between Y or Z up, but all they do is just rotate the camera by 90 degrees. This has no bearing on the model data what so ever. If you have modelled with Z up, and want to switch to Y up, just apply a 90 degree rotation to all geometry data. Not sure why he's gone through such a convoluted method to simply rotate an object by 90 degrees ?!?!
Quote:One thing I've found is that you need to swap the Y/Z components of any 3D coodinate (lights, verticies, camera location and target, etc...).
I deal with transferring model data between all of the dcc packages, and have done so for the last ten years. Not once have I ever had found a 3D package that 'flips' Y and Z components. They may be LHS vs RHS. They may also be rotated by 90 degrees. But the co-oridnates are never 'flipped'....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement