what game engine should i use for a RTS game?

Started by
1 comment, last by swiftcoder 14 years, 10 months ago
hello, i am looking for a RTS engine specifically not free i need paid one. Are there any Game engines that should make my game look like starcraft 2, warcraft 3, age of empires, red alert 2 and 3? I would really appreciate it if you can name from game engines that can do that. Thank you Steve
Advertisement
I know the Torque engine does RTS type games. It's pretty inexpensive as far as engines go as well.
Please don't cross-post. if you aren't receiving replies to your first post, consider rephrasing your question, or adding additional information to this thread.

As to your original post, why do you want a 'paid' engine, and what is your budget? Engines range anywhere from free to hundreds of thousands of dollars. More expensive engines won't necessarily be better than free engines either, it depends on your requirements.

Dedicated RTS engines are also pretty rare - apart from the aforementioned Torque RTS Kit (a little dated), I only know of the now-defunct Stratagus, and the awesome looking Spring

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement