UFEC Official Information Post

Started by
14 comments, last by Lesan 13 years, 11 months ago

UFEC

Unofficial Four Elements Contest

UFEC is a community-organized sequel to the Gamedev's popular Four Elements contest. UFEC is not organized by GDNet staff. This post will be a summary of all important information about the contest. Contest organiser: Lesan (Petr Hudecek) (I'm not sure organiser is the right word... but if you have a question, I'm the person to ask.) Start date: October 30th, 2009 (started) End date: March 17th, 2010 (ended, late submissions still being accepted) Judging end date: April 20th, 2010 Four elements: Proliferation, Evolution, Fire, Water. These elements must be incorporated in your game. The more they are present, the better for you. Prizes: You can see them on the official site. We are very grateful to the sponsors. Offical website: http://ufec.zymichost.com This website hosts all important information about the contest, the elements' detailed description and a submission system. Judging: Anyone, including the contestants themselves, can score and submit feedback on all the games, though not neccessarily all of them. Judging period is in progress and will end on April 20th. Who could enter: Anybody. All over the world, any age, just be registered on Gamedev forums and be able to make games. ---- Use Four Elements - Unofficial Contest? forum thread to discuss rather than this topic. [Edited by - Lesan on April 1, 2010 5:59:01 AM]
Advertisement
The first sponsor, Neosoft tools, donated three copies of their Chameleon Startup Manager to the UFEC contest.
Stickied - shoot me a PM if you'd like it unstuck again.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Lesan
Currently, we search for a new logo for the contest. If you can create one, it would be wonderful.

Me and Trapper kinda did the previous one; I can't promise, but I'll see if I find some time.
What are you looking for in a logo?

Not having followed this thread: what is the association between GameDev and this contest? For instance, are you permitted and is it desirable to use the GameDev logo?
Thank you, jbadams!

Quote:Original post by Wan
Quote:Original post by Lesan
Currently, we search for a new logo for the contest. If you can create one, it would be wonderful.

Me and Trapper kinda did the previous one; I can't promise, but I'll see if I find some time.
What are you looking for in a logo?

Not having followed this thread: what is the association between GameDev and this contest? For instance, are you permitted and is it desirable to use the GameDev logo?

I have asked superpig about it but I did not yet receive a reply (though he did read my message). However, I prefer the Gamedev logo not to be used. It's an unofficial contest, after all.

For all who want to create the logo, it should contain the acronym UFEC (from Unofficial Four Elements Contest), it should be colorful (not necessary, but I prefer it to the mere blue-and-black) and it should display the four basic elements somehow, either in color, material, pictogram or real image.

The second sponsor, IDEA games donated four copies of their games to the UFEC contest.
Gamedev.net staff authorised this contest. They require that we say it's not an official GD contest (not organized by them) but we can use the Four Elements in the name.

The contest has begun. The elements have been chosen.

Good luck to everyone! Please, keep the community informed of your projects!
Are you publicising this on other sites, issuing press releases, etc?

I suggest you aim big. Approach well-known companies about prizes. And see if you can get any big-shots involved in the judging.
Some "press releases" are here:

GameDev.net Main Page; From this page the news item was copied to many other websites
Hrej.cz News Item (Czech); From this page the news item was copied to many other websites

Forum Announcements:

Gamedev.org Forums Announcement
DevShed Forums Announcement
GameDev.net Forums Announcement
GPWiki Forums Announcement

[Edited by - Lesan on November 3, 2009 9:06:54 AM]
I am happy to announce that the third sponsor, Slitherine Strategies, who supported the Four Elements Five contest, has donated 5 copies of their games to the prize pool.

I am not at my development machine right now so I will add their logo on the site later.
I am sorry that so far, most of the prizes are composed of software and games :-), but I`m not having that much luck with getting hardware/development tools/cash. But I will keep trying.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement