Need advice for Interview

Started by
19 comments, last by Ameise 13 years, 11 months ago
Yours truly has an interview with a rather large and well know game dev coming up... and want to avoid making the same mistakes again. I bombed out on my last interview with a large company... guess I came off as overbearing and cocky. Like usual - 'tis my personality. Any advice on how I DON'T be overbearing and cocky? Or just seem like a good candidate? Thanks!
Advertisement
Answer concisely to the questions, but don't talk otherwise. Even if there's 5 minutes of silence, don't talk.
Sit straight. Don't cross your arms and slide down in the chair (I mean when you look like a plank propped against the chair). Don't gesture too much.

Sorry, i have never been to an interview before....
Be professional.
Quote:Original post by szecs
Even if there's 5 minutes of silence, don't talk.

Unless the interviewer is hot and you want to do her.
Quote:Original post by DevFred
Quote:Original post by szecs
Even if there's 5 minutes of silence, don't talk.

Unless the interviewer is hot and you want to do her.
Don't talk. Do.
I forgot to mention that it's a phone interview.
Quote:Original post by Ameise
I forgot to mention that it's a phone interview.
Yup, that's pretty relevant.
Don't talk too much anyway, and you have the advantage that you can use cheat sheet too. (for your clever questions, info about the company etc. You do have clever questions to the company, don't you?).
Clever questions in what way? If their name were Rabid Goat Interactive, would a clever question be 'What are you guys... RABID about?'
Quote:Original post by Ameise
Clever questions in what way? If their name were Rabid Goat Interactive, would a clever question be 'What are you guys... RABID about?'
Now that's the problem about your attitude. You won't get the job this way (any jobs).

Look for topics about interviews for the net, and come up with good questions. No question means you don't give a shit about the position (at least the hiring manager will think so, and maybe (s)he's right).
Not really an attitude thing, I just suck at asking questions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement