i

Started by
84 comments, last by GameDev.net 22 years, 4 months ago
i [Edited by - aeleneski on April 24, 2006 11:23:13 PM]
Advertisement
Learn both. They both are equally good. I seriously hope this doesn''t become another flame war. Also, C++ works for the Internet as well; it''s just not as integrated into the language like Java.

P.S. Try your best to never post a vs. b posts, ok.
Even better, see that ''search'' icon in the upper-right of your screen? Next to ''login'', under "GDSE"? Click it and see where it takes you.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
I agree with Floppy; a vs b posts suck. However, I am a very big fan of x vs y posts.

Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism or Microsoft-bashing) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward - Edward Abbey
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Even better, see that ''search'' icon in the upper-right of your screen? Next to ''login'', under "GDSE"? Click it and see where it takes you.

"True... true." - Budwieser Commercial(s)
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
what can''t you do in "c++" that you can do in "java" (not including applets)?

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
I''d say you should definitley try and learn the "Big 3"

C++, Java and VB!
You''ve never seen anyone like me, and you''ll never see anyone like me again!
VB = garbage. learn COBOL.

Just to speed things up here:
quote:As-yet unposted posts:
"COBOL = refuse. Learn Perl."
"Perl = sewage. Learn Python."
"Python = drainage. Learn Ruby."
"Ruby = obscure. Learn Eiffel."
*ROOFLE*
"Learn Objective C."
"No, learn C#."
"C# sux0rs, java r0x0rs."

Whatever. Learn any language that is suitable for your needs; they fall into definite subcategories of comparable technology.

And learn more than one.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
COBOL = refuse. Learn Perl.

xyzzy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement