C# Workshop - Signup Thread

Started by
523 comments, last by JWalsh 11 years, 9 months ago

Welcome to the GDNet C# Workshop Signup Thread

For a complete introduction to this workshop, please look here. Workshop Overview This workshop is designed to aid people in their journey to learn beginning C# (C-Sharp). This workshop is targeted at highly motivated individuals who are interested in learning C# or who have attempted to learn C# in the past, but found that without sufficient support and mentoring they were unable to connect all the pieces of this highly complex but powerful programming language. This is a 'guided' self-teaching C# workshop. Each student is responsible for taking the time to read the material and learn the information. Additionally, this workshop does not attempt to defend C# as a language, nor does it attempt to demonstrate that C# is either more or less useful then other programming languages for any particular purpose. People who intend to start a discussion about the differences between C# and ANY other languages (except as are relevant to a particular discussion), are encouraged to do so elsewhere. This workshop is for educational, not philosophical discussions. Finally, the community and tutors that arise out of this workshop are here for making the learning process run more smoothly, but are not obligated to baby-sit a person's progress. Because everyone will be working from the same references (.NET Book Zero and optionally the C# Language Specification 1.2 & 2.0), students may find it easier to get answers to the specific questions they might have. There is no minimum age requirement, and there is no previous programming experience required. However, we will be moving quickly so it's essential that students stay on task and dont fall behind. Workshop Signups Everyone who is interested in participating in the C# Workshop as either an active student, or a tutor, should indicate so here by providing your name, and whether you're interested in participating as a student or as a tutor. Unlike with the C++ Workshop, there will not be an official list of tutors. This is simply so I can better evaluate people's questions/answers and so I know whether or not I should be following the performance of an individual based upon their indicated involvement. Additionally, all people registering to participate in the workshop should Private Message (PM) me with an email address at the very least, and an AIM/MSN name if you have one. The information will not be sold, transferred, or otherwise leave my possession. This information will be used strictly to contact you regarding workshop issues should I feel the need to check up on your understanding of the material individually. Cheers! [Edited by - JWalsh on July 21, 2007 10:19:45 PM]
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Advertisement
Name: Adam
Signing up to be a student
Name: Dominik
Type: Student

Looking forward to getting started! [smile]

[Edited by - Darklighter on June 20, 2007 4:17:58 PM]
Name: Alpha [smile]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Name: Link
Type: Student (of course?)
Email: I believe I already sent that to you [grin]
Name: Christian
Signing up as: Student
Email/MSN: remove.christian.kolding(at)gmail.com.remove
Name: Eric
Email: enderic@gmail.com
Name: Sam
Role: Tutor (as far as my abilities reach at least)
Name: Travis
Email: tleblanc4@yahoo.com
Bernard
Student
Programming since 1995.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement