DirectX and XNA

Writing Articles is Good for YOU!

Posted by Michael Tanczos
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 29 minutes, 31 seconds ago
Caveman v3.0 progress report, April 20th 2014. - By Norman Barrows
Caveman 3.0 progress report April 20th 2014Work on Caveman continues. Its down to high level features and polishing. Currently, the quest generator is under construction, with 14 types of quests im...
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 1 minute ago
Slighty Behind Schedule - By Burnt_Fyr
I keep telling myself that this will be a weekly journal, but of course I am slightly behind schedule. and it seems more and more this is the position i find myself in when it comes to programming....
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 21 minutes ago
AntTweakBar wrapper for C# - By Bacterius
Hello,I've just uploaded my C# wrapper for the AntTweakBar GUI library at https://github.com/TomCrypto/AntTweakBar.NET . Some of you might remember me already posting about this on the forum, this...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 10 hours ago
Further CharacterController developments - By Aardvajk
Still driving myself mad with character controllers. Hopefully a bit of progress this morning though.Part of the issue is locking the character to the floor, so that we only need to apply gravity w...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 17 hours ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /11 - 4/18 Say hello to new journal author Truerror !Project Updates et1337 makes games - et1337 made one last push this past week for Lemma...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 5 hours ago
RuinValor on Greenlight - By riuthamus
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248222520 RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (an...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 23 hours ago
Software OpenGL Rasterizer + Quake 2 - By BGB
basically, lacking much better to do recently, I wrote a basic software rasterizer and put an OpenGL front-end on it, then proceeded to make Quake 2 work on it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DP6d...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
Lines with rounded corners - By slayemin
My girlfriend asked me today if I'm behind schedule on my game. I didn't really want to answer her, but she pointed out that I was planning on hiring an artist to work with me in December. It's lon...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 9 hours ago
Back to CharacterControllers - By Aardvajk
Dumped the 2D game. It was going okay technically but just wasn't fun to play so had to make the decision to scrap it.Back determined to write a 3D platform game again, so back to grappling with a...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 23 hours ago
Porting Accidental Noise Library to .NET - By evolutional
I've been inspired by the images that JTippetts ' Accidental Noise Library can generate. However, these days I do very little C++ work so I felt like tinkering with a little project that would hel...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 4 /4 - 4/11. Project Updates RADICAL HEROES: CRIMSON CITY CRISIS - MAD UNICORN GAMES is prepping for the release of Crimson City Heroes on De...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Game Update #8 - By riuthamus
http://www.ruinvalor.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gorgane_post_001.jpg It has been a while since this blog has been updated and we are very sorry about that. Some of you might have hear...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Gorgane, one last time - By riuthamus
Pretty sure this is my last correction to the gorgane! I think it turned out well so far, what do you think?http://www.bhslaughter.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_371/gallery_1_371_3526243.gif
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Thoughts on Direct3D 12 - By Jason Z
Introduction At the BUILD 2014 conference, Max McMullen provided an overview of some of the changes coming in Direct3D 12. In case you missed it, take a look at it here . In general, I really enj...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Looking forward - By Burnt_Fyr
Well, I have made back most of what i have lost, although I'm not 100% sure I like what I have, it is working for the most part. I started working on a deferred rendering demo, but since I had neve...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Auxnet: Battlegrounds Progress - By Squared'D
I've been making a lot of progress these days. I've just finished most of a major renovation (hopefully the last until release) of the graphics engine. Before I had limited each model to one set o...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Personal plug: if you like space and/or you like Kerbal Space Program, be sure to follow @KSA_MissionCtrl , it's starting to take off quite nicelyOk, here are your Journal Land entries from the per...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
3D modelling again - By Aardvajk
Just a quick image of the kind of model it is now getting possible (dare I say, easy and fun) to create with Charm now a lot of the irritations are being ironed out. Nothing like writing a piece of...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Part 3 - getting a handle on directx - By Norman Barrows
The building of Caveman - Part 3 - Getting a handle on directxGetting up to speed:So i was going to be using directx and visual studio c++. All fine and good,but i hadn't written a line of code in...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Hieroglyph3 and WPF - By Jason Z
As I mentioned in my last entry , I am in the process of evaluating a number of different UI frameworks for use with Direct3D 11 integrated into them. This is mostly for editor style applications,...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Font editor - By Tape_Worm
http://tape-worm.net/wblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sitelogo.png It’s been a very long time since I’ve made an update here. I’ve been working steadily on the font editor module for the Gorgon e...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Here are your Journal Land entries from the period of 3 /24 - 3/30. Don't forget I skipped a week and two weekends while I was away for GDC so be sure to skim back through journals as well.Stop by...
< Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 15 hours ago
The Building of Caveman - part 2. What to build, and tool selection - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman - part 2.What to build, and how?What to build? thats the first of a million questions to be answered when building a game.Well, the answer turns out to be pretty simple:you...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 16 hours ago
The Building of Caveman - Part 1 - By Norman Barrows
The Building of Caveman, Part 1in this series of posts i will explain the process of making the game Caveman v3.0. What was done and why.this is done in hopes that it may help others in their quest...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
BTIC1C Screen Capture: Performance and older HW... - By BGB
I had recently fiddled some with BTIC1C real-time recording, and have got some interesting results:main desktop PC, mostly holds a solid 29/30 fps for recording.* 1680x1050p30 on a 3.4 GHz Phenom I...

PARTNERS