DirectX and XNA

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 3 hours ago
Rendering Tree Sprites - By JTippetts
It's been awhile since I did anything 2D-related, and I'm a little bit worried that some of those particular hard-earned skills are starting to fade from my weak brain. Last night, I was talking wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Preparing my engine for Vulkan API - By Ashaman73
Looking at the vulkan api so far, it could solve many of my rendering performance issues in my engine. My engine was based on OpenGL 1.2, followed by a transition to OGL 2.0 and lot of extension la...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Shifting Gears - By riuthamus
So, been rather silent as of late. Life has taken a huge toll on me and more or less stripped most of my freetime away. What time I have had available I have tried to do as much gameDev as possible...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Shuffling class responsibilities - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest release of dustArtemis, which changes a bit the component handling.  dustArtemis  dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which...
Modules in the Om scripting language - By Aardvajk
Modules in Om  I never wanted to add include statements to Om. I was always very keen to ensure that each script file could be compiled in isolation without having to do any kind of old-fashio...
January Update - By slayemin
 Alpha game play footage of Spellbound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTCEQYWRM8 Production: We're slowly changing gears from a production focus to a test, polish and promote focus....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Extending Unity's Editor with a Custom Window - By Eck
Personal Update: Woohoo, my previous journal on Unity's Content Pipeline got featured. :D Snow-pocalypse 2016 has hit Tennessee! I think Nashville received five inches of snow and even the a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
January update: large creatures, polishing and preparing a closed test - By Ashaman73
Welcome to the January update.The focus of the last two month was the transition of the game from a developer version to something you should give someone for testing. That is polishing the art, th...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Streamlining Unity's Content Pipeline - By Eck
Personal Update: I cleaned up my website to better showcase my projects and act like a portfolio. Before it was just a site for my Unity Assets, but now it shows some different projects I'm workin...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Om: Varadic Functions and Reference Types - By Aardvajk
Varadic Functions and Reference Types  I've finished up adding varadic script functions to Om now, and have just got the basics of reference types working, although that needs a lot more testi...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 hours ago
Chapter 5 Code Complete - By gdunbar
News: Chapter 5 is code complete and ready for testing. Based on past performance, probably about a month before it comes out. Here's a picture of the second map from Chapter 5: http://up...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
ANL Expression Parsing - By JTippetts
Over the last several years, my noise library (ANL ) has been a sort of sink for whatever miscellaneous time I get in between work, kids, the house, game development, game playing, etc... It has ev...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
The 10 Suggestions. - By Alpheus
I think for anyone beginning to learn to game dev, you should heed the following Suggestions.I don't care how you do it; just do it.Your language doesn't matter. Your platform doesn't matter.Nothin...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Not Dead Yet - By gdunbar
Sorry about the lack of posting... vacation ate up some time, and I guess I just didn't feel like posting. But, never fear, I've been busy squirreling away on TotAW. Chapter 5 needs just a cou...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
2016 Promises to be an Interesting Year - By Eck
Personal Update: I took a lot of time off over Christmas break just to spend it with my family and work on some Christmas projects. I broke my hermit vows to take my wife and daughter to go see th...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 6 hours ago
The "Outer Scope" problem in Om - By Aardvajk
Just finished up Om's solution to what seems to be known as the outer scope problem. Consider: var outer = func{ var a = "hello"; var inner = func { out a; }; inner(); retu...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Implementing "break" in the Scripting Engine - By Aardvajk
Just finished implementing break in Om, for breaking out of while and for loops. Thought a write-up might be an interesting insight into the internals of the system, although I'm not sure who to...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Some template snippets - By Aardvajk
Hey. Been working on a couple of containers for use in my scripting engine. Thought I'd just share them here. First up, pod_vector<T> is similar to std::vector but designed for us...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Quick Opaque Pointer Example - By fastcall22
Hi there. Someone on the chat today was asking about the pimpl idiom, and I thought I'd write up a quick little example. The purpose of an opaque pointer is to move the the implementation specific...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Wrapping up 2015, planning for 2016 - By Jason Z
Its always a good practice to think about what you have done over the past year, and of course to think about what is coming in the next year. I have found this to be a good way to gain perspective...
Writing a custom allocator that maintains smart pointers for STL containers (or at least std::vector) - By irreversible
I bumped into this problem when I decided to switch from my own lightweight vector container to std::vector, but wanted to have my usual amount of control over memory. My memory manager is a fairl...
One code base to rule them all! - By slicer4ever
For quite awhile i took a break, getting frustrated with my progress on my framework. recently i've decided to come back with a new plan in mind, get it to the point that it can be used to make som...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Dungeon levels using threading - By mousetail
Phew, this was probably the most difficult feature to implement ever. Now it works though. A lot of you probably forgot about what project I was working on, so let me remind you: I am trying to mak...
Spellbound: Winter Update - By slayemin
I've been procrastinating on writing an entry for the month of November due to some disappointments. I might as well get it out into the open. Before we get into that, I'd like to share some recent...
Ocean Test - By montify
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19373509/projgrid.PNG  Little Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu39GH1Sae4  So, after long work i have a tiny result, i got the Projection Grid wo...

PARTNERS