• Create Account

DirectX and XNA

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 4 - By arka80
I could name this entry "Monsters & Items" and stop writing. But I will not. I like to explain. I found that keep these records is a really useful mental help, since it gives me close milestone...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 3 hours ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 11 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 3 - By arka80
Focus of this session of work was to define the gameover condition and manage the death and reborn of the character. Mission accomplished, even if in a very rough state.There are two ways for die:...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 10 hours ago
Gui II: Widget class design - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260396-gui-i-learning-about-signalsslots/ So this time around, I'm going to talk about the engines GUIs main class, called "Widget". I took an ap...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 12 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 2 - By arka80
At the end of 8 more hours of coding I've got the following:some refactorgui system startedtransition between world and area mapminimal area map generatormovement in the wilderness And a couple of...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 3 hours ago
Asset Studio - Asset Management Tool - By Endurion
After years and more years of manually adding new assets into code I tried a newer approach. I'll use this journal entry to show off my assetmanagement tool (Asset Studio) but also ask for similar...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 17 hours ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 minute ago
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 hours ago
Global Illumination Progress Update - By Migi0027
The Global Illumination by Light Propagation Volumes is progressing in a nice way. Even though this is an artifact in a weird way, it still produces a nice result. The surface is too thin for the g...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 11 hours ago
Gui I: Learning about Signals/Slots - By Juliean
In order to make it easier for the reader, I decided to split the different modules up into multiple posts. This should also make it easier for me to write them when I got a few minutes to spare, t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 12 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 1 - By arka80
So project has started http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif .First I setted a working environment, with all the linkage and the bitbucket repo working, and an emp...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 0 - By arka80
Yesterday I had a very nice (and productive) ideas exchange with some of you gdnetters, which can be seen here .It was about an idea for a pretty unusual roguelike. Don't want to rewrite all the br...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
'Box Shooting' Prototype Release - By newtechnology
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10708510_991481010878253_5948331907494154611_o.jpg I am releasing a prototype version of my upcoming android game named 'Box...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Data Design for Scene Graphs - By Jason Z
CppCon 2014 In case you haven't heard about, all of the sessions from CppCon 2014 are being released on the CppCon YouTube Channel . This is a fantastic way for you to catch up on the latest and g...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
CELL - First try at a scripting language - By Migi0027
So, before anyone jumps on the "dont make your own language" wagon, I'm only trying this because I thought it would be an interesting challange and it'd be a great oppertunity to understand how oth...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
More of the bool-tool - By eppo
Been trying to build larger scenes using the CSG method.As base building blocks I use a series of SubD shapes as they avoid making everything look too angular. The older mesher used to make a mess...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
The judge's post-mortem - By slicer4ever
So with the Week of Awesome II coming to a close, some folks have asked me to also write up a post mortem on the entire event. I'm not the best at writing up these sort of things, but i'll see what...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Spaceships? - By Flicklizic
- Pathfind - Done!- Field of view - Done!- Outlines - Done!- Custom and nice art - This is gonna take a looong time...Changed the battleground to this:http://i58.tinypic.com/15qta9f.png Maybe use a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Week Of Awesome II - My Scores - By slicer4ever
here you will find all my reviews/scores for the week of awesome II contestants: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/661418-the-week-of-awesome-ii-the-judge-thread/ ---Team: Orymus3:Game Link: http://orym...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 hours ago
async loading and syncing threads with your mainloop in C++11 - By Daivuk
Loading resources or map data asynchronously in games is not an easy task. C++11 makes all of this a lot easier. I am going to demonstrate how to create a thread using async. And then how to sync b...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 22 hours ago
I Am Dolphin - Kinect Prototype - By Promit
I'd hoped to write up a nice post for this, but unfortunately I haven't had much time lately. Releasing a game, it turns out, is not at all relaxing. Work doesn't end when you hit that submit butto...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Our New Game: I Am Dolphin - By Promit
After an incredibly long time of quiet development, our new game, I Am Dolphin, will be available this Thursday, October 9th, on the Apple/iOS App Store. This post will be discussing the background...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Battleships - By Flicklizic
I started a game project 1 month ago based on a mod of Warcraft 3 called Battleships... It's like a DotA but on the sea, there are some differences and I think that those diferences make this type...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Weekend Reading: Tales from Journal Land - By Gaiiden
Here are your entries from 9 /26 - 10/4 Welcome new authors conceptcrash , jfarias , Misantes , Zaucy , Delphinon and ajm113 !Week of Awesome Participants Take note that the first couple of listed...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 hours ago
The Week of Awesome II - Sifting through the aftermath. - By Eck
Previous Entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1922/entry-2260300-the-week-of-awesome-ii-and-so-it-ends-post-mortem/ I already wrote a post-mortem , so I guess this is a post-post-mortem? Panning for...

PARTNERS